The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Antworten

Do you want to see an own subforum for english-language discussions about Perry Rhodan?

Yes, that would allow for more discussions.
69%
No, I think one (this) thread will also do it
21%
No opinion
10%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 68

Larsaf
Siganese
Re: The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Beitrag von Larsaf »

Ziska hat geschrieben:
Pangalaktiker hat geschrieben:Klaus didn't tell us which series he has in mind. It may be "Andromeda" where the first volume has already been published in English.
Andromeda? I thought that was Lemuria, the first book being Borsch's "Sternenarche" (aka Star Ark, aka Ark of the Stars).

ETA: If it were up to me I'd pick the Posbi War, too.
BTW, volume 1 of the "Lemuria" cycle in English is still listed as available for sale at Amazon.com: http://tinyurl.com/chehaqn. This could soon become a collector's item!

--Arnold
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Hi Klaus,
With a new cycle about to start, will there be a clean break in the story this time? Is so, then if the first round of English e-books sells well enough to translate more, might you consider beginning a weekly publication with issue 2700?

Jerry S. :unschuldig:
Martakus
Marsianer

Beitrag von Martakus »

I reposted your question in the german Forum, and here is Klaus N. Frick´s (shortened and translated) answer:

We are currently preparing the publication of a series of pocket books for the english market.
The first release from part 2700 onwards would be a good start, but we are not going to do it - because there´s too little time left. It would be a realistic starting point though.
Aktueller Stand:
Neo 1 - 100; 150-180 --- EA: 200-235; 2700 - 2801 [beide abgebrochen, wahrscheinlich Wiedereinstieg bei 3000.]

Die Klugheit liegt am Boden
Die Vernunft wird noch verrückt
Die niedrigsten Instinkte schlagen zu, wohin man blickt.
Das alles scheint weit weg, doch es beginnt vor deiner Tür,
Der nächste, der die Kälte spürt, kann meistens nichts dafür.
- PUR, "Neue Brücken"
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

> Klaus Frick's response
>We are currently preparing the publication of a series of pocket books for the english market.
>The first release from part 2700 onwards would be a good start, but we are not going to do it - because there´s too little time left. It would be
>a realistic starting point though.

Thanks for the re-direct Martakus! I really appreciate it. When they begin the English publishing, hopefully Klaus will keep a closer eye here. :) Which part of the Forum did you cross-post the message to? If I want to keep this dialogue going, I may need to post there.

I worry about using the mini-series to begin the publishing process with, because they hop all over the place, timewise. The readers are going to have a hard time, forging emotional connections to the time periods, only to have the mini-series jump back and forth with each one. They don't have the advantage I do, from having translated the issues for myself since 2000. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe the company will commission an essay for the beginning of each mini-series to familiarize the reader with the time period.
If the English test goes well enough, the heftes will reach 2800 in about two years, so maybe they can pick up from there. It should give them enough lead time, if they don't want to have the English readers lagging behind at that point.

Jerry S.
Martakus
Marsianer

Beitrag von Martakus »

I reposted it in the "Fragen an die Redaktion"-Part in the Thread "Noch ein Versuch für PR in Englisch - mit ebooks?". Unluckily, the thread seems to have been closed again already.
I don´t like the idea of selling Mini-series either. I have never read any (even though I have to admit I haven´t read much PR yet altogether) of those series and bringing "the original" series to England/America would be the better choice in my opinion. But it would of course be sad if it would have to be cancelled in the middle of a cycle because too few people buy it.
Aktueller Stand:
Neo 1 - 100; 150-180 --- EA: 200-235; 2700 - 2801 [beide abgebrochen, wahrscheinlich Wiedereinstieg bei 3000.]

Die Klugheit liegt am Boden
Die Vernunft wird noch verrückt
Die niedrigsten Instinkte schlagen zu, wohin man blickt.
Das alles scheint weit weg, doch es beginnt vor deiner Tür,
Der nächste, der die Kälte spürt, kann meistens nichts dafür.
- PUR, "Neue Brücken"
Cäsar
Terraner

Beitrag von Cäsar »

Here's the direct link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3829

In that forum you can ask questions to Klaus - he normaly answers them within a few days. And I'm sure Klaus won't mind, if you ask in English, when you've got a question :)

As Martakus already stated, you can't answer to existing threads. We choose that solution, so that the forum keeps clear. Nevertheless, the answers can of course be discussed in other parts of the forum.
:aa:, Cäsar

Der zusammengefasste Fanroman des NGF

Mehr Weltraumhühner!
Cäsar
Terraner

Beitrag von Cäsar »

Jerry, you have possibly quite some work with summarizing the books. Is it ok, if I put those posts in an own thread, so that people can find them more easily?

Mehr Weltraumhühner!
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Hi Cesar,
Sure, go ahead and make a new spot for the summaries. It's easy enough to bookmark it for me to find it fast. :>
As for any other divisions, it might as well wait until the publishing attempt actually begins. I don't think you'll see much more discussion here until then.
Jerry
Cäsar
Terraner

Beitrag von Cäsar »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben:Hi Cesar,
Sure, go ahead and make a new spot for the summaries. It's easy enough to bookmark it for me to find it fast. :>
As for any other divisions, it might as well wait until the publishing attempt actually begins. I don't think you'll see much more discussion here until then.
Jerry
Done. If the new thread should have an other title, just tell me :)

Mehr Weltraumhühner!
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

OK Cesar,
I just posted the newest synopsis and had no problems. Thans for the help.

Jerry
Kazzenkatt
Ertruser

Beitrag von Kazzenkatt »

A nice tv contribution to the 50th birthday of perry rhodan in english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nykX3ievS80
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Slartibartfast »

Having no Flash on my computer, I tried Youtube-mp3.org - and it worked! Pärry Rhoudän... :st:

I can hear background-sound from the movie S.O.S. aus dem Weltall. :D Walter Ernsting, Karl-Herbert Scheer, Raimund Peter...

Where's the clip from? BBC? US-Network?
Kazzenkatt
Ertruser

Beitrag von Kazzenkatt »

It is from DW-TV (Deutsche Welle). ;)
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Corporation thanks! (Firma dankt) :D ;)
jamz
Siganese

Beitrag von jamz »

Hi Jerry,
a little update about the Perry ebooks in english. Maybe Klaus hasn't answered your question yet because he isn't to confident about his english skills (I think he mentioned this once). Me neither but my words can't be mistaken for an official statement :)
Klaus wrote that there is a delay in the publishing of the heyne-books because of manpower shortage.
First some of the Heyne-Books will be published (initially they should start in april).
Further he wrote that it could be a good idea to continue with NEO.
But first the success has to be evaluated.It is quite an investment and a lot of problems have to be solved.
jamz
Siganese

Beitrag von jamz »

I forgot to include the source:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4043

And I have to make two corrections:
1. Klaus mentioned NEO because he was asked if there are thoughts about an english NEO-translation.
2. The end of my translation was a bit too dramatic :) ("a lot of problems"). He rather said that there are lots of unsolved questions.
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Thanks for the update Jamz. I've been following the questions forum and saw his message. As the old saying goes, patience is a virtue. They will get the books out sooner or later. ^_^

I actually met Klaus once when he and Uwe came to America for a World Science Fiction convention a number of years ago. He should not be worried about his English; it is quite good. We local fans had a very good time with him and Uwe at a diner for a few hours one of the days. Ah.... those were good days...

Jerry
jerrys109
Marsianer

Happy Brithday Perry!

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Happy Birthday Perry Rhodan! It's just a shame today isn't the day your're back to publishing in English. It would have been a nice bit of serendipity, yes? ^_^

Jerry
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

For He's a Jolly Good Fellow...

Holy *beep*! :blink:

You're so right, June 8th, 8. Juni 1936. Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild
Happy Birthday, Perry!
Bild Bild Bild Bild

How old is he actually, in the Erstauflage? :gruebel:
jerrys109
Marsianer

Re: Perry's Age

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Hi Slartibartfest,
If I'm caluculating correctly, the current year is 1514 New Galactic Era = 5102 AD, so Perry should be 3,166 years old. Luckily he has the cell activator chip, because blowing out all the candles on his cake would probably kill his lungs. :P

Jerry
Alexandra
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von Alexandra »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben:Hi Slartibartfest,
If I'm caluculating correctly, the current year is 1514 New Galactic Era = 5102 AD, so Perry should be 3,166 years old. Luckily he has the cell activator chip, because blowing out all the candles on his cake would probably kill his lungs. :P

Jerry
Or train his lungs!
A person that old needs to have enormously trained lungs.
How many times a day does a man breathe if his condition is good?
Ziska
Terraner

Beitrag von Ziska »

Alexandra hat geschrieben:
jerrys109 hat geschrieben:Hi Slartibartfest,

Jerry
Or train his lungs!
A person that old needs to have enormously trained lungs.
How many times a day does a man breathe if his condition is good?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Of course Perry's actual age is impossible to tell, even if we ignore things like travel at relativistic speeds - there's just too much time travelling, time in stasis, time spent in places where time flows differently, in other universes entirely, and so on and so forth. Definitely best to just go by the calendar! :)
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

jerrys109 hat geschrieben: so Perry should be 3,166 years old. ...
Thanks! Yeah, lots of candles. A Haluter is needed. :D
Alexandra
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von Alexandra »

Slartibartfast hat geschrieben:
jerrys109 hat geschrieben: so Perry should be 3,166 years old. ...
Thanks! Yeah, lots of candles. A Haluter is needed. :D
That would kill the cake!
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Damned, I knew I forgot something...

Yesterday, June 19th, 42 years ago, Major Perry and his Crew started with the STARDUST, destination MOON. Roooooaaaaaarrrrrr... :D
Antworten

Zurück zu „International“