The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Antworten

Do you want to see an own subforum for english-language discussions about Perry Rhodan?

Yes, that would allow for more discussions.
69%
No, I think one (this) thread will also do it
21%
No opinion
10%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 68

Sonnentransmitter
Zellaktivatorträger

The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Beitrag von Sonnentransmitter »

The sole purpose of this thread is to give all english speaking fans a voice in discussing our favorite hero, Perry Rhodan and his adventures. There are for sure many and not everyone can read and write in german. Therefore this is the english-language discussion thread about Perry Rhodan.

This is the opportunity to allow international Perry Rhodan fans to join the community!

I added a poll - maybe this thread generates so much traffic that adding an own subforum becomes a valuable option?
Zuletzt geändert von Slartibartfast am 7. Juli 2012, 12:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Thread title changed
Knight Otu
Marsianer

Re: The ENGLISH thread (discuss PERRY RHODAN in english!)

Beitrag von Knight Otu »

I'd say that the mods should wait to actually see the traffic this thread will generate. :P
A place for English-speaking fans here is a good idea, though.
Ralf Koenig
Plophoser

Beitrag von Ralf Koenig »

Sonnentransmitter hat geschrieben:The sole purpose of this thread is to give all english speaking fans a voice in discussing our favorite hero, Perry Rhodan and his adventures. There are for sure many and not everyone can read and write in german. Therefore this is the english-language discussion thread about Perry Rhodan.

This is the opportunity to allow international Perry Rhodan fans to join the community!

I added a poll - maybe this thread generates so much traffic that adding an own subforum becomes a valuable option?
And what about the portuguese Fans? I want to discuss about Perry Rhodan in portuguese as well ... :D

Ok, I know the language, I assume that I am one of the few. Probably a thread would do it in this case ...
Herzliche Grüße und ad astra
Ralf
------------------------------------------
Ralfs Ebook-Ecke: http://blog.koenig-aalen.de/
PR-Stammtisch Ulm: http://www.pr-stammtisch-ulm.de/
Pangalaktiker
Zellaktivatorträger

Beitrag von Pangalaktiker »

I don't see why an English language sub forum would hurt. So why not. Have you announced this thread in the yahoo group already?
Wer unter Euch ohne Sünde ist, werfe das erste Heft aufs Garagendach ...
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Slartibartfast »

No other thread is pinned in this subforum at the moment. So I'll take the chance and gonna, ehm, nail it for some time. :D We'll see how many users and traffic the thread can create.
Sonnentransmitter
Zellaktivatorträger

Pangalaktiker hat geschrieben:I don't see why an English language sub forum would hurt. So why not. Have you announced this thread in the yahoo group already?
Ahem no.... I didn't even know that a yahoo group exists ... could you take over atm to announce it? Thx!
Pangalaktiker
Zellaktivatorträger

I'm no member either, I only know it exists.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/perryrhodan2/
Christophnz
Plophoser

Beitrag von Christophnz »

The main question is - I guess - how many English speaking fans, who don't have sufficient command of the German language to be comfortable to post, are in this Forum at all.
old man
Zellaktivatorträger

Beitrag von old man »

Slartibartfast hat geschrieben:No other thread is pinned in this subforum at the moment. So I'll take the chance and gonna, ehm, nail it for some time. :D
This will be big fun. :st: .I guess to pin B-) it is a great idea. How about changing the thread title to "The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)"?
Maybe KNF or anybody should announce it at the homepage to point our international Fans to this message board?
Zu den Sternen !
Alchemix
Marsianer

Beitrag von Alchemix »

old man hat geschrieben:
Slartibartfast hat geschrieben:No other thread is pinned in this subforum at the moment. So I'll take the chance and gonna, ehm, nail it for some time. :D
This will be big fun. :st: .I guess to pin B-) it is a great idea. How about changing the thread title to "The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)"?
Maybe KNF or anybody should announce it at the homepage to point our international Fans to this message board?
I second that motion.
But so far I've read only comments of users that are perfectly at ease with the German language, even if my keyboard is usually working against me.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Frank Chmorl Pamo

Beitrag von Frank Chmorl Pamo »

English sub-forum? Good idea :st:
Well, in the end this depends on the moderators ... ;) Enough manpower for this? :unsure:
I voted "yes".
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Re: The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Beitrag von Slartibartfast »

Manpower probably yes - but will there be enough discussion-power for an own subforum?

P:S.: I've changed the title, hopefully Sonnentransmitter is ok with it. :)
Knight Otu
Marsianer

Beitrag von Knight Otu »

Whoever announces this thread to the Yahoo group (or anywhere else where they know English-speaking fans) should also note the peculiarities of this forum - namely, that the first 50 posts need to be approved by moderators before they appear. That bit of information should probably also be in the opening post, as well.
Ziska
Terraner

Beitrag von Ziska »

A separate subforum would probably be much easier to find, so I'm all in favour.
César Maciel
Siganese

Beitrag von César Maciel »

This is a great idea! Especially for me, because although I can read German, I feel much more comfortable writing in English. I'll send the thread's link to the Yahoo group right away, where there's a small but very active group of PR fans from all over the world.

Ralf, why don't you create a thread only for Portuguese-speaking fans? The biggest Brazilian PR forum I know (http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community?cmm=66731) has more than 1,300 members, and I'm sure that many of them would start using a Portuguese-only space here immediately!
Ich bin Redakteur der brasilianische PERRY RHODAN Ausgabe. I can read German, but sometimes I write in English because it's faster...
http://www.cesarmaciel.wordpress.com / http://www.perry-rhodan.com.br
Ziska
Terraner

Beitrag von Ziska »

César Maciel hat geschrieben:Ralf, why don't you create a thread only for Portuguese-speaking fans? The biggest Brazilian PR forum I know (http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community?cmm=66731) has more than 1,300 members, and I'm sure that many of them would start using a Portuguese-only space here immediately!
I'm not sure any of the moderators here speak Portuguese, though, which would be an issue.
César Maciel
Siganese

Ziska hat geschrieben:
César Maciel hat geschrieben:Ralf, why don't you create a thread only for Portuguese-speaking fans? The biggest Brazilian PR forum I know (http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community?cmm=66731) has more than 1,300 members, and I'm sure that many of them would start using a Portuguese-only space here immediately!
I'm not sure any of the moderators here speak Portuguese, though, which would be an issue.
Well, since Ralf and I speak Portuguese, maybe one of us could be the moderator. Or both of us... What do you think, Ralf?
Ich bin Redakteur der brasilianische PERRY RHODAN Ausgabe. I can read German, but sometimes I write in English because it's faster...
Creature
Siganese

Beitrag von Creature »

Hello:
I think this is a great idea and long overdue. Maybe this will be a first step towards seeing Perry Rhodan in English again. Either way, it's good to have this forum opened. I hope everybody on the yahoo group joins in. Maybe this will help produce more PR fans in English speaking countries. :st:
Have a Great Day!!!
The "Creature"
TRI-Master
Siganese

Beitrag von TRI-Master »

Hi Folks,
its' a great idea to have a Perry Rhodan discussion forum in English even though the English version of the series is lightyears behind the actual story line. There are many readers from Australia, Canada, USA and not to forget, the UK who would probably join the forum. I certainly don't want to forget our Japanese and Brazilian fans who, in many cases, are able to read and write English.
As with any other forum, there will be the "active" members who keep the forum going and the "passive" members who are just reading the threads. This should, however, not discourage anybody to post ideas, tid-bits or discuss segments of the series which need a bit of explanation, especially to new readers.

Cheers

Mic
Sonnentransmitter
Zellaktivatorträger

Knight Otu hat geschrieben:Whoever announces this thread to the Yahoo group (or anywhere else where they know English-speaking fans) should also note the peculiarities of this forum - namely, that the first 50 posts need to be approved by moderators before they appear. That bit of information should probably also be in the opening post, as well.
Yes, as a temporary fix for translating the forum rules ;) Unfortunately I cannot change the starting post of this thread anymore. However a moderator can do.
TRI-Master
Siganese

Beitrag von TRI-Master »

By the way: the link to this new forum has already been posted to the Yahoo Group - that's how I found out.

Cheers

Mic
César Maciel
Siganese

César Maciel hat geschrieben:
Ziska hat geschrieben:
Well, since Ralf and I speak Portuguese, maybe one of us could be the moderator. Or both of us... What do you think, Ralf?
Please forget my idea above, because now I realize that threads can't have moderators, only subforums... Sorry for the inconvenience.
palmerwmd
Siganese

Beitrag von palmerwmd »

Do we have enough english speaking traffic to justify a seperate forum?
I suspect many of our native english speakers know German as well.

If we take them away from the German forums a lot of synergy will be lost in those German forums.

Unless we are certain that a significant number of Perry Rhodan fans exist that know English but no German I dont think we should split off a synergy robbing subforum.
Everyday Men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?
PS: Entschuldigt bitte mein holpriges Deutsch, Deutschstaemmiger Ami hier.
palmerwmd
Siganese

Beitrag von palmerwmd »

PS : What ahppend to the forum???

is this a follow on forum or a competing pone.. If compting I apologize for bringin it up and this is one reason I post this on the english spekaing thread just in case...

But I couldnt find the other forum anywhere.. via google.
Is there a database that still has our posts?

This way we could use some of our old posts , some of which took a couple of hours to write, to re create old threads.
Everyday Men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?
PS: Entschuldigt bitte mein holpriges Deutsch, Deutschstaemmiger Ami hier.
Pangalaktiker
Zellaktivatorträger

César Maciel hat geschrieben:Please forget my idea above, because now I realize that threads can't have moderators, only subforums... Sorry for the inconvenience.
Well, that probably wouldn't be a problem as long as there is some understanding between the mods about who does what.
Antworten

Zurück zu „International“