The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Antworten

Do you want to see an own subforum for english-language discussions about Perry Rhodan?

Yes, that would allow for more discussions.
69%
No, I think one (this) thread will also do it
21%
No opinion
10%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 68

César Maciel
Siganese

Re: The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Beitrag von César Maciel »

Ralf Koenig hat geschrieben:
Ben Golling hat geschrieben:
César Maciel hat geschrieben:Ralf, why don't you create a thread only for Portuguese-speaking
Please forget my idea above, because now I realize that threads can't have moderators, only subforums... Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hey. True, but certainly no need to excuse. As neither me nor Cäsar speak Portuguese and as you're the thread opener it would be very kind of you to coordinate the thread a bit.
I have already offered my help as well. Any kind of help needed, just ask. Could be that I need sometimes a little bit of time to get back online, but it helps to send an Email. Normally I can react on this pretty quickly.
You can count on me too! I'm always available to help.
Ich bin Redakteur der brasilianische PERRY RHODAN Ausgabe. I can read German, but sometimes I write in English because it's faster...
http://www.cesarmaciel.wordpress.com / http://www.perry-rhodan.com.br
Karbur
Marsianer

Beitrag von Karbur »

Hey there,
as this thread seems to be forgotten a bit, I just push it back to "New Entries" by answering.
Nothing here to be contributed by me, as I am soooo far behind, even all non-German readers are far ahead of me :o(

So, no offense meant by writing without saying anything, but that way the thread will maybe have a chance to wake up again?... :unschuldig:
Auf EA - Aufholjagd seit 10.10.2011
aktuell:
Paket 13 - Das kosmische Schachspiel - Heft 625
Goris
Siganese

Re: Similarities beetween Perry Rhodan and other series

Beitrag von Goris »

As a fan it is normal to see similarities between your favorite sci-fi series and others. I do imagine our german-speaking colleagues have talked a lot about it.

But you, see some similarities between PR and other series that you think are very impresive?

As a big fan of the P-200 to P299 and P-300 to P 399 books, I do love the haluters (some superman/super-sayajiin indestructible alies, 3,5m tall, 3 eyed, 4 arms, very inteligent and with a very advanced tecnology people) and, you can laugh if you want, have seen similarities between them and Stitch, from Lilo and Stitch (the Disney Cartoon)!

Both have 4 arms, are imensely powerful, and have beeb created for destruction, but changed their nature to be gentle (well, more or less :) ) creatures. And all the space sequence, with the hiperspace jump generating a shockwave that disabled the bigger ship, all ressembled the Perry Rhodan universe, in a cute disney´like way...
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Slartibartfast »

Hi Goris, yeah, the Haluter are pretty cool, and strong! Just as the Zweitkonditionierte, Tro Khon, Aser Kin. :D

But are we speaking of the same Stitch?
http://jamesdspencer.tripod.com/sitebui ... 00x600.jpg
http://www.mangauk.com/gallery/albums/a ... hannel.jpg

His cone-shaped teeth do look like Icho Tolot's teeth, ahem, they may look like his teeth. ^_^
But where are the four arms?

A classic one are the Borg from Star Trek. There are rumors that some people from the Star Trek producing crew or technical consultants were inspired by the Posbis, the positronic-biological robots from the Perry Rhodan series. :pfeif:

Remember the crazy looking, dice-shaped Fragmentraumer of the Posbis and the chaotic looking Borg-cubes. A striking resemblance, isn't it? :D

- edit -
Damned, my fault. :o(
I've to admit, I'm not very familiar with Lilo & Stitch. But a deeper picture search gave me this:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/100062945.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Stitch.jpg

Click image to see full size version

Combat-mode?

Haven't known this. Weird, and nice! :st:
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Here are two covers from the German edition, #332 and #333

Bild

Bild

I'm smelling a plagiarism ;)
Crest
Plophoser

Beitrag von Crest »

I´m not sure whether someone already came up with an idea like this over here, but maybe it would help to get more traffic here, if there would be an anouncement in the international edition.
Zuletzt geändert von ES am So 17. Aug 2400, 11:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Ad Astra !
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Hello,
I'm Jerry Schneiderman, one of moderators of the English Yahoo Perry Rhodan group. I also post synopses of the issues I translate for myself. I'm currently in the 2500's (2579 to be exact). After I translate the issue for myself, I then translate the synopsis on the Perrypedia website and post the synopsis for English readers. Would anyone here be interested in my posting them here also?

Jerry ( hoping for official translations someday) S.
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Hi Jerry, welcome to the official Perry Rhodan-forum!

Of yourse we are interested! :) Such fanwork and service for the other readers are amongst the most valuable things a community can receive.

So ein fannisches Engagement gehört zu den wertvollsten Dingen die einer Community, dem Fandom passieren können. Es ist bewundernswert und in höchstem Maß lobenswert.

Thank you very much for your translations and the efforts you and your colleagues are doing for the Yahoo group. :st: Keep on rockin'!

(sorry for my poor Englisch :o()
Klaus N. Frick
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Klaus N. Frick »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben:Hello,
I'm Jerry Schneiderman, one of moderators of the English Yahoo Perry Rhodan group. I also post synopses of the issues I translate for myself. I'm currently in the 2500's (2579 to be exact). After I translate the issue for myself, I then translate the synopsis on the Perrypedia website and post the synopsis for English readers. Would anyone here be interested in my posting them here also?

It's very nice to read and see you here, Jerry! I'm really interested in reading your synopsis. If you want, sent me some: klaus.frick@vpm.de.

And maybe it's interesting for you: We're working to produce and publish e-books in your language. (I would prefer printed books, but ...)
Ziska
Terraner

Beitrag von Ziska »

Klaus N. Frick hat geschrieben:And maybe it's interesting for you: We're working to produce and publish e-books in your language. (I would prefer printed books, but ...)
WHAT. Seriously?!

:juhu: :juhu: :juhu:

(Not that I wouldn't prefer a print edition myself, but. OMG!)
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Klaus N. Frick hat geschrieben:
It's very nice to read and see you here, Jerry! I'm really interested in reading your synopsis. If you want, sent me some: klaus.frick@vpm.de.
Hi Klaus,
It has certainly been a while, since I talked to you last. ^_^ We met a number of years ago at one of the World Cons.

The synopses are backed up at Cedric Beust's website: http://perryrhodan.us/php/allCycles.php along with those from other Perry Rhodan fans. You can see them all there.

Meanwhile, I'll post copies of anything new here on the Forum also.

Jerry
TRI-Master
Siganese

Beitrag von TRI-Master »

Slartibartfast hat geschrieben:Hi Goris, yeah, the Haluter are pretty cool, and strong! Just as the Zweitkonditionierte, Tro Khon, Aser Kin. :D

But are we speaking of the same Stitch?
http://jamesdspencer.tripod.com/sitebui ... 00x600.jpg
http://www.mangauk.com/gallery/albums/a ... hannel.jpg

His cone-shaped teeth do look like Icho Tolot's teeth, ahem, they may look like his teeth. ^_^
But where are the four arms?

A classic one are the Borg from Star Trek. There are rumors that some people from the Star Trek producing crew or technical consultants were inspired by the Posbis, the positronic-biological robots from the Perry Rhodan series. :pfeif:

Remember the crazy looking, dice-shaped Fragmentraumer of the Posbis and the chaotic looking Borg-cubes. A striking resemblance, isn't it? :D

- edit -
Damned, my fault. :o(
I've to admit, I'm not very familiar with Lilo & Stitch. But a deeper picture search gave me this:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/100062945.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Stitch.jpg

Combat-mode?

Haven't known this. Weird, and nice! :st:
Nice Quote at the bottom from the Cuban song ... Quantanamera! One of my favorate songs, which I also play on the Guitar.
TRI-Master
Siganese

Beitrag von TRI-Master »

Klaus N. Frick hat geschrieben:

And maybe it's interesting for you: We're working to produce and publish e-books in your language. (I would prefer printed books, but ...)
Prima Klaus,
e-books will do for starters. This is great news for our English speaking readers who have been waiting for soooo long ...

Best

Mic
Team Rhodan International
English Nebular Team
Pangalaktiker
Zellaktivatorträger

Beitrag von Pangalaktiker »

Klaus N. Frick hat geschrieben:We're working to produce and publish e-books in your language.
Classic or NEO? "Homegrown" or via a licensee? Has this become more concrete since the last time you talked about it or is this another long-term plan of yours? One can dream ...
Wer unter Euch ohne Sünde ist, werfe das erste Heft aufs Garagendach ...
jaybee45
Siganese

Re: The ENGLISH thread (discuss PERRY RHODAN in english!)

Beitrag von jaybee45 »

Christophnz hat geschrieben:The main question is - I guess - how many English speaking fans, who don't have sufficient command of the German language to be comfortable to post, are in this Forum at all.

I'm one! And I also am a member in the yahoo group.
Christophnz
Plophoser

Beitrag von Christophnz »

jaybee45 hat geschrieben:
Christophnz hat geschrieben:The main question is - I guess - how many English speaking fans, who don't have sufficient command of the German language to be comfortable to post, are in this Forum at all.

I'm one! And I also am a member in the yahoo group.
Good on ya and a very warm welocme here! :welcome:
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Exzellent! Thank you very much and Happy Easter to you and all the Perry Rhodan-fans in the world! :)
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

You are very welcome. Hopefully Klaus is right and there will be English translations of the full books again soon.

Jerry
Creature
Siganese

Beitrag von Creature »

Hello Everybody:
I think it's a great idea to post the summaries here because then discussions can be started around the summaries and the reply traffic should increase. It sure would be nice to see new Perry Rhodan stories in English, even if it is only in e-book format at first.
Have a Wonderful Easter Weekend Everybody!!!
John (aka, The "Creature") :st:
Kantor
Plophoser

Beitrag von Kantor »

Pangalaktiker hat geschrieben:
Klaus N. Frick hat geschrieben:We're working to produce and publish e-books in your language.
Classic or NEO? "Homegrown" or via a licensee? Has this become more concrete since the last time you talked about it or is this another long-term plan of yours? One can dream ...
Most international visitors will miss this:
Pangalaktiker asked this question(s) also in the german Q&A section of the boards, and today Klaus answered.

To sum the answers up for you (caveat: as I understood them):

- (some) Perry Rhodan will definitely be released as english EBooks in a couple months
- the source will be one of the so called "Heyne Taschenbuchstaffeln" (cycles of 3-6 pocket books published in the 2000s by german Publisher Heyne - they are independent from the main series)
- the books are already translated, at the moment they are being edited
- after the Initial Batch of EBooks, the financial success will determine whether there will be more

I hope this is good news for all the english speaking PR-fans around the globe.
Pangalaktiker
Zellaktivatorträger

Kantor hat geschrieben:*snip*
I see, you've been faster than me. First I want to thank Klaus for the answer because I can't do that in the Q&A section which is strictly one-question-one-answer. Klaus didn't tell us which series he has in mind. It may be "Andromeda" where the first volume has already been published in English. It seems nobody knows exactly why they stopped after the first volume. If there are unresolved rights issues it might be anything but "Andromeda" of course. In that case my money would be either on "Das rote Imperium" or "Der Posbi-Krieg" which are both connected to events of the early series.
Kantor
Plophoser

Beitrag von Kantor »

Pangalaktiker hat geschrieben:
Kantor hat geschrieben:*snip*
I see, you've been faster than me.
Sorry about that, couldn't wait ... :o(

My guess would also be either "Andromeda" or "Der Posbi-Krieg" ("The Posbi war"), especially since the later title would certainly ring a bell among english speaking PR fans - although it takes place thousands of years later than the Posbi Cycle in the Hefte.
Ziska
Terraner

Beitrag von Ziska »

Pangalaktiker hat geschrieben:Klaus didn't tell us which series he has in mind. It may be "Andromeda" where the first volume has already been published in English.
Andromeda? I thought that was Lemuria, the first book being Borsch's "Sternenarche" (aka Star Ark, aka Ark of the Stars).

ETA: If it were up to me I'd pick the Posbi War, too.
Pangalaktiker
Zellaktivatorträger

Ziska hat geschrieben:
Pangalaktiker hat geschrieben:Klaus didn't tell us which series he has in mind. It may be "Andromeda" where the first volume has already been published in English.
Andromeda? I thought that was Lemuria, the first book being Borsch's "Sternenarche" (aka Star Ark, aka Ark of the Stars).

ETA: If it were up to me I'd pick the Posbi War, too.
Ups. Was it? I think you're right. Replace any "Andromeda" in my post above by "Lemuria" then.
Larsaf
Siganese

Beitrag von Larsaf »

Here's a quick-and-dirty translation of Klaus's blog entry of today on the subject of new English publications:

“PERRY RHODAN will be released in an English-language edition in e-book format in the coming months—that much I can already say for sure. I can also already reveal the following: We will be going back to a paperback series that was published by Heyne as a self-contained cycle and that we regard as being marketable at an international level and, above all, independently.

The translations are available, they were proofread and edited a long time ago. The only reason why these e-books have not yet been released has been the final editorial work. As soon as this has been done—and theoretically this could already be the case in April 2013—we will see how the matter develops. If this turns out to be successful, then it is of course also being contemplated that more work be done in this direction."

Source: http://perry-rhodan.blogspot.com.br/201 ... lisch.html

Exciting news overall!

--Arnold
Antworten

Zurück zu „International“