Bilden von Kaulquappe?

Technik, Galaxien, Welten, Völker, SIs und andere Wunder...
Antworten
Langschläfer
Kosmokrat

Re: Bilden von Kaulquappe?

Beitrag von Langschläfer »

That should be about right.
These days, lasers for lunar ranging widen from a few cm to a few kilometers diameter over 1.3 ls. They have to go through earths atmosphere, though.
But even in space, laser beams still widen, because the focusing technique does not allow for "perfect" beams. Simply not possible.
Also, at least at really long distances, dust (interplanetary and interstellar) will disperse a beam even further.
So you are right, no shooting Pluto from Earth - much less, a world around Tau Ceti or something. ;)
Neun von zehn Stimmen in meinem Kopf sagen mir ständig das ich nicht verrückt bin. Die zehnte pfeift die Melodie von Tetris.
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." - George Carlin
Polls sind doof. ;)
Truktan
Oxtorner

Beitrag von Truktan »

Do the guns have that short a range? Later ships(#200 or so) seem to be shooting at individual targets from lightseconds away, and at fleets from lightminutes. Although I guess they use transform-guns, which fire FTL. At the moment I'm landed on Nal Hutta, I've been told I need to pay, but I can do so just before leaving. They will 'keep my ship grounded' until I do. My reaction in OOC thread was
Yes, right, all weapons in PR with a range of several million Km are "higher category" weapons which do work one way or another with faster-than-light effects (Transformguns, Intervallguns, Contrapolguns, Potentialthrowers, etc etc ...). A special case is the KNK (Konstant-Nadelriss-Kanone) which fires an 'envelope' beam with ftl-speed that weakens the shields it hits and creates a focussing tube for a conventional underlight energy beam (to be fired through this tube), preventing it from the above mentioned dispersing effect and allowing it a very much greater effective range than on it's own.

You did wisely decide to ban such high category weapons from Your Kaulquappe, any of them would throw game balance completely out of the window ...

In my opinion, either Han is an idiot (90% chance), or the Kessel-run is a navigational challenge, not a pure speed one. In SW the CW ships have to fly around nebulae a few times, because not doing so would destroy the craft.
Well, ok, George Lucas didn't simply know that parsec was a distance measuring unit ... What puzzles me more is, that apparently no one else in the whole production team spotted this error. Any half competent advisor from SciFi would have been able to tell Ol' George that this line was nonsense. Did Lucas feel that since his story was heavily on the fantasy side of SF, he didn't need any scientific advisors or were they who were there all fast asleep ?!
superstrijder15
Siganese

Beitrag von superstrijder15 »

Truktan hat geschrieben:Well, ok, George Lucas didn't simply know that parsec was a distance measuring unit ... What puzzles me more is, that apparently no one else in the whole production team spotted this error. Any half competent advisor from SciFi would have been able to tell Ol' George that this line was nonsense. Did Lucas feel that since his story was heavily on the fantasy side of SF, he didn't need any scientific advisors or were they who were there all fast asleep ?!
I've heard stories about historical advisors just being ignored when they said Vikings didn't look like that, which makes a little sense because EVERYONE keeps to the stereotypes there, and also when they said 'How is that torch hanging 10 m above ground gonna be replaced?' which doesn't make any sense at all. Ignoring advisors seems like the default action, also IRL with governments just not listening to scientist if they propose things which go against their current policy. I'll stop there, just in case there is a rule against getting political on this forum.
Disclaimer: Ich sprach kein Deutsch
Bitte hilfe mij mit meine Deutsch und sag mir was Ich sag nicht gut als Ich mach eine Fehler.
Truktan
Oxtorner

Beitrag von Truktan »

At the moment I'm landed on Nal Hutta, I've been told I need to pay, but I can do so just before leaving. They will 'keep my ship grounded' until I do.

Ah, You forgot to stock up on slave girls before traveling to Nal Hutta ...

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Kristen-H ... -648535373

They are said to react very favourably to anyone who would pay them in such items, as long as the mentioned slavegirls would wear a certain required uniform ... :D
superstrijder15
Siganese

Truktan hat geschrieben:Ah, You forgot to stock up on slave girls before traveling to Nal Hutta ...

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Kristen-H ... -648535373

They are said to react very favourably to anyone who would pay them in such items, as long as the mentioned slavegirls would wear a certain required uniform ... :D
The Terrans haven't reintroduced slavery, have they? I expect to pay by doing something for the Hutts, which would be problematic because it totally goes against my characters morals.
Bitte hilfe mij mit meine Deutsch und sag mir was Ich sag nicht gut als Ich mach eine Fehler.
Ahnungslos
Marsianer

Beitrag von Ahnungslos »

superstrijder15 hat geschrieben:
Truktan hat geschrieben:Well, we will have to take a Kaulquappe and send it on the "Kessel-run" to find out if it will be able to make it in under 12 Parsecs too ^_^
In my opinion, either Han is an idiot (90% chance), or the Kessel-run is a navigational challenge, not a pure speed one. In SW the CW ships have to fly around nebulae a few times, because not doing so would destroy the craft. The Kessel-run could be a challenge to get from point A to point B with the shortest path, possibly with certain limitations. Unlike straigt line speed races, this would require both a good navigator and a ship which can survive a lot of punishment, thus it would mean that the Falcon is a good ship and Han is a good navigator.
Or Han is a lying idiot, choose yourselves.
That was one of the earliest "tasks" the Expanded Universe (now known as Star Wars "legends" since Disney did not want to bother with 40 years of backstory :unsure: ) tackled... as Fans had noted that mistake basically with the first screening of the movie.

The kessel Run is a popular smugglers' route through a stellar group with a dozen or so Black Holes standing close together... The more risk you take / the closer you cut your way to the individual black holes, the shorter your run will be... Han's 12 Parsec Run was by far the most daring flight ever undertaken on that route and made him famous. (but also a bit arrogant ;))

See also: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." — Roald Dahl
Truktan
Oxtorner

Beitrag von Truktan »

The Terrans haven't reintroduced slavery, have they? I expect to pay by doing something for the Hutts, which would be problematic because it totally goes against my characters morals.
Well, Gucky complained on several occasions that Perry or Bully would make him work like a slave when they wished to be teleported around, but that doesn't really count I think ....

You could try to help the Hutt find Hypercrystals, valuable items on which the Terryn technology heavily depends
--> https://www.perrypedia.proc.org/wiki/Hyperkristall
They should find some ways to make money of these things so this might help You get off their world again
Langschläfer
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von Langschläfer »

Gucky should wear a baseball cap inscribed "Taxi" (or, in older usage, "taxi cab").

;)

:saus:
Neun von zehn Stimmen in meinem Kopf sagen mir ständig das ich nicht verrückt bin. Die zehnte pfeift die Melodie von Tetris.
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." - George Carlin
Polls sind doof. ;)
superstrijder15
Siganese

Truktan hat geschrieben:
Well, Gucky complained on several occasions that Perry or Bully would make him work like a slave when they wished to be teleported around, but that doesn't really count I think ....

You could try to help the Hutt find Hypercrystals, valuable items on which the Terryn technology heavily depends
--> https://www.perrypedia.proc.org/wiki/Hyperkristall
They should find some ways to make money of these things so this might help You get off their world again
*Opens link*
'Something about 2404'
*closes link*
Ooh crap, these are spoilers for like, 10 issues from now or something!
Langschläfer hat geschrieben:Gucky should wear a baseball cap inscribed "Taxi" (or, in older usage, "taxi cab").
That would be a smart way to make money, although I don't think Gecko can swallow his pride...

PS. I feel like I'm using ... way too much nowadays. I'm now used to ending every message with it, so the GM can fill in the dots with what happens next.
Ahnungslos
Marsianer

Abbildungen einer Kaulquappe?

Beitrag von Ahnungslos »

superstrijder15 hat geschrieben: *Opens link*
'Something about 2404'
*closes link*
Well for anybody reading the current german edition this is ten years old...
You can hardly expect to stay completely unspoilered for THAT old stories in a board that constantly speaks about events that MUST be in the future for your language's translated version. I don't think a lot of people here even KNEW where the dutch edition is at right now, nor would they have it close enough to their mind to screen any Wikipedia/Perrypedia article for dates past your Event Horizon. Sorry.
Batman
Ertruser

Beitrag von Batman »

Oh man. I was about to post how the events of 2404 were more than 50 years ago in the real world before I realized he was talking about the issue number, not the in-universe year.
'My hamster is getting antsy. If we be adventurers, let us adventure!'
'Ah, nighttime. Good for sneaking up on enemies.'
'Magic is impressive, but now Minsc shall lead. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!'
'Butt-kicking for goodness!'
'Evil around every corner, careful not to step in any.'
'Make way, evil! I am armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!'
'When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent!'
Ahnungslos
Marsianer

Beitrag von Ahnungslos »

Batman hat geschrieben:Oh man. I was about to post how the events of 2404 were more than 50 years ago in the real world before I realized he was talking about the issue number, not the in-universe year.
LOL I did not even notice that that might be a possible interpretation (mainly because while hypercrystals were KNOWN by 2404 Common Era, they were not really much of a subject in the series... but with PR 2300 and so on they became much more central to the narration than in the MdI/Andromeda string. Also I had looked up where the dutch translation was in 2016 ;))
superstrijder15
Siganese

Re: Abbildungen einer Kaulquappe?

Ahnungslos hat geschrieben:
superstrijder15 hat geschrieben: *Opens link*
'Something about 2404'
*closes link*
Well for anybody reading the current german edition this is ten years old...
You can hardly expect to stay completely unspoilered for THAT old stories in a board that constantly speaks about events that MUST be in the future for your language's translated version. I don't think a lot of people here even KNEW where the dutch edition is at right now, nor would they have it close enough to their mind to screen any Wikipedia/Perrypedia article for dates past your Event Horizon. Sorry.
It's not a problem, the Dutch translation is already in the thousands, but I'm al the way back at #215 or so. Rhodan just escaped from a hollow planet called HORROR (it's always in full caps), then went back because terrans are stupid, and now he has been made really small yet has to get to the south pole without the Crest II. I was talking about the year, although it could be the wiki was talking about an issue number, as my german is pretty hopeless. It could also be that it only gets found in 2404 new year-numbers.

Also I'm reading E-books, and there are way less of them as far as I could find. My collection stops at about 500-600, which is about a year of reading away atm.
Ahnungslos
Marsianer

Beitrag von Ahnungslos »

superstrijder15 hat geschrieben:It's not a problem, the Dutch translation is already in the thousands, but I'm al the way back at #215 or so. Rhodan just escaped from a hollow planet called HORROR (it's always in full caps), then went back because terrans are stupid, and now he has been made really small yet has to get to the south pole without the Crest II. I was talking about the year, although it could be the wiki was talking about an issue number, as my german is pretty hopeless. It could also be that it only gets found in 2404 new year-numbers..
No, i just looked what it says and you are right, it mentions "October 2404" which is a proper date as it stands, no new time (the "NGZ" calendar is only at 15xx in the current stories).

The german volume this story would be set in is 278 from the Andromeda Arc... or in dutch "278 Met geheime missie op Lemuria "
superstrijder15
Siganese

Ahnungslos hat geschrieben: The german volume this story would be set in is 278 from the Andromeda Arc... or in dutch "278 Met geheime missie op Lemuria "
Who made that title? That isn't even a correct sentence! literally translated it's 'With secret mission on Lemuria'. I would suggest to skip 'Met', so at least we have a single 'sentence-part', which is still not gramatically correct, but at least something done often in booktitles.
Sometimes the Dutch translations are pretty badly done...
Antworten

Zurück zu „PERRY RHODAN-Universum“