The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Antworten

Do you want to see an own subforum for english-language discussions about Perry Rhodan?

Yes, that would allow for more discussions.
69%
No, I think one (this) thread will also do it
21%
No opinion
10%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 68

Gitty
Terraner

Re: The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Beitrag von Gitty »

palmerwmd hat geschrieben:PS : What ahppend to the forum???

is this a follow on forum or a competing pone.. If compting I apologize for bringin it up and this is one reason I post this on the english spekaing thread just in case...

But I couldnt find the other forum anywhere.. via google.
Is there a database that still has our posts?

This way we could use some of our old posts , some of which took a couple of hours to write, to re create old threads.
Welcome bach, palmer. :)
PR has got a new HP and also an new forum.
The old one is archived here http://forenarchiv.perry-rhodan.net/

More about it you can read here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=118 and here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=117
"In dem Maße, wie der Wille und die Fähigkeit zur Selbstkritik steigen, hebt sich auch das Niveau der Kritik am anderen." - Christian Morgenstern -
"Wer ständig Angst hat, verpasst das Leben!" - Hannelore Elsner
Kantor
Plophoser

Beitrag von Kantor »

is this a follow on forum or a competing pone.. If compting I apologize for bringin it up and this is one reason I post this on the english spekaing thread just in case...

This is the new incarnation of the official forum.

You can access the old threads and posts here. (read-only)

BTW, I voted "yes" in favour of an english-subforum. I think it's a good idea.
Ertruser

Beitrag von 2008 »

This way we could use some of our old posts , some of which took a couple of hours to write, to re create old threads.
YES, the old forum will live on as a read only archive. But cannot remember the link right now. :(
Noch 1550 Heftln um die EA Lücken zu schließen.
Elena-Gucky
Postingquelle

Beitrag von Elena-Gucky »

2008 hat geschrieben:

YES, the old forum will live on as a read only archive. But cannot remember the link right now. :(
http://forenarchiv.perry-rhodan.net/ :)
"Kinder und Mausbiber dürfen teleportieren"

"Wenn Sie nicht wissen, wie sie Gucky danken wollen, dann schicken Sie ihm einfach bei Gelegenheit eine große Mohrrübe. Das freut ihn mehr als alles andere."

EA = 2899, Aufholjagd = 999
jaybee45
Siganese

Beitrag von jaybee45 »

Hi everyone.

I found the link to this group on the yahoo PR group (Thanks Cesar!)

I voted yes to the english forum too! And how about English e-editions of PR??? ;)
TRI-Master
Siganese

Beitrag von TRI-Master »

Now, you're really pushing it, Jaybee ... (Grin)
palmerwmd
Siganese

Beitrag von palmerwmd »

Thanks for the links answers fellas.
Sorry for the typos.

Where are you guys from? UK ? USA? :)
Everyday Men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?
PS: Entschuldigt bitte mein holpriges Deutsch, Deutschstaemmiger Ami hier.
TRI-Master
Siganese

Beitrag von TRI-Master »

Look below my avatar ... :D
Christophnz
Plophoser

Beitrag von Christophnz »

Cheers Palmerwind

I had your posts in mind when I queried if there was enough demand for an English language Forum at all, as your German language posts were absolutely ok. An - at times - odd grammar does not matter at all, I think everyone understood what you wanted to say.

Seeing that there are a few more Foristas, who just came out of the woodwork as it seems, maybe the cause for an English based forum is a valid one.

Cheers from New Zealand

Christoph
Ziska
Terraner

Beitrag von Ziska »

I don't think activity levels in this thread should decide whether or not we get a separate English subforum - after all, how's anyone supposed to find this here unless they already know about it? I spend plenty of time on this board, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head where exactly the thread is ...
TRI-Master
Siganese

Beitrag von TRI-Master »

Christophnz hat geschrieben:Cheers Palmerwind

An - at times - odd grammar does not matter at all, I think everyone understood what you wanted to say.

Christoph

Odd grammar is part of Scifi ... it fits here like a glove as well ... :lol: :D

Mic
Cäsar
Terraner

Beitrag von Cäsar »

We've decided to have an international forum created - of course, not only English is allowed here, but also other languages - nevertheless the board rules apply to this forum, too, but acting normal will cause no problems. Nevertheless, it may take some more time to check the posts and we may ask some foristas for help when languages are used that noone of us speaks (not even google translator ;) ). So: Have fun :)
:aa:, Cäsar

Der zusammengefasste Fanroman des NGF

Mehr Weltraumhühner!
Ralf Koenig
Plophoser

Beitrag von Ralf Koenig »

César Maciel hat geschrieben:Please forget my idea above, because now I realize that threads can't have moderators, only subforums... Sorry for the inconvenience.
I think we must not forget the idea. Probably it is a good idea, but I have to admit that currently I have some problems to be frequently here due to some changes in my professional career. If you guys have a job for me in Brasil in the area of SAP MM, I would not mind to get this information :D

Anyway - if there will be a subforum in english and/or portuguese language, I will do my best to help.

Sorry for the late reply, but as I said, it is not so easy at the moment.
Herzliche Grüße und ad astra
Ralf
------------------------------------------
Ralfs Ebook-Ecke: http://blog.koenig-aalen.de/
PR-Stammtisch Ulm: http://www.pr-stammtisch-ulm.de/
César Maciel
Siganese

Beitrag von César Maciel »

Ralf, if you search for "SAP MM" at http://www.catho.com.br, you'll find out that 31 Brazilian companies are looking for someone with your background right now! A friend of mine found a new job just a few days after uploading his CV to the Catho site, and why don't you give it a try? I wish you luck in your quest!

I'll create a Portuguese language thread in a few minutes, and please feel free to join the discussions whenever you can. Um abraço do Brasil!
Ich bin Redakteur der brasilianische PERRY RHODAN Ausgabe. I can read German, but sometimes I write in English because it's faster...
http://www.cesarmaciel.wordpress.com / http://www.perry-rhodan.com.br
BaarLun2146
Siganese

Re: Neuroversum Cycle

Beitrag von BaarLun2146 »

Hi,
This is my first post to the forum.

I was wondering what the general feeling is about the current NEUROVERSUM cycle. I've enjoyed most of it, but I've gotten to around 2632, and things have grown VERY complicated. I don't remember there being so many side plots in the some of the other cycles.

Also it seems the earth (sun and solar system) is threatened from all sides. Sometimes it is difficult to read, so many things going wrong, its a bit depressing.

I know that in the end the heroes will save the day, but it seems it is taking a long time to climb the mountain.
Alchemix
Marsianer

Beitrag von Alchemix »

BaarLun2146 hat geschrieben:Hi,

I was wondering what the general feeling is about the current NEUROVERSUM cycle. I've enjoyed most of it, but I've gotten to around 2632, and things have grown VERY complicated. I don't remember there being so many side plots in the some of the other cycles.

Also it seems the earth (sun and solar system) is threatened from all sides. Sometimes it is difficult to read, so many things going wrong, its a bit depressing.

I know that in the end the heroes will save the day, but it seems it is taking a long time to climb the mountain.
Well then let me first welcome you to the forum :welcome: .
The multitude of storyline and plot elements has been a concern to a lot of other readers too. In my opinion this is less a problem of the complexity of the storytelling but the long intervals we need to get back to a plot. For my part i have almost forgotten everything Alaska has been experiencing in the Dominion of Harmony (if somebody knows a better translastion for "Reich der Harmonie" please let me know). But I don't want to start a discussion on the loved and hated four block publication system, which would still work perfectly fine if we would switch only between 2 plots.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Ziska
Terraner

Beitrag von Ziska »

Welcome aboard! :)

You're not alone with the feeling that things have grown a bit complicated. Personally I think it's not that there are too many plots, but that they take too long to be tied together - and they do all tie together at some point! Even things that seem like filler turn out to tie into the main plot eventually. It just takes forever to actually get there ... :nixweis:

As for Earth being threatened - you'll laugh, but for a long while I felt the threat wasn't actually serious enough - sure, the solar system was abducted, there's the business with the sun and all that, but it didn't seem all that immediately threatening, you know? People seemed to be coping. Not like, say, the TERRANOVA/Negasphäre cycle, where it really was horror, horror everywhere ...
Slartibartfast
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Slartibartfast »

Welcome BaarLun2146!
BaarLun2146 hat geschrieben:... I was wondering what the general feeling is about the current NEUROVERSUM cycle. I've enjoyed most of it, ...
So did and do I. :)

Indeed, the Erstauflage is a completely different chapter, not so easy to get for first time readers. It's kind of a fate for a neverending novel series with the big burden of thousands of stories and events. But IMHO it can be made with some good will. :D
ganerc
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von ganerc »

Hello BaarLun!
You're welcome! Bild Nice to meet you here in the Galactic Forum!

Yeah, the "Erstauflage", short "EA" named, is difficult to read. I think you read it in German language? So i will give you a hint, if you have a E-Book-Reader or something similar. Download the booklet-commpendiums from the former story-cycles from this site booklet-commpendiums as E-Books Bild
They are sampled in complet cycles and available as e-Pub- or Mobi-files. A very fine peace of work the PROC has done :clap:

There you can shortly find the central Theme behind the story.

And for all other unknown informations in the booklets take the Perrypedia.

Or ask us, we will help in any case! :D
Bild
ghlaraujo
Siganese

Beitrag von ghlaraujo »

Well, it is quite nice to have a place in the official forums to discuss PR in english.

I cannot read German so I'm stuck with the chapters that were translated to either english or portuguese, that weren't that many, but, better that few that none at all.

I still have hopes that the portuguese or english edition will resume :D
César Maciel
Siganese

Beitrag von César Maciel »

ghlaraujo hat geschrieben:Well, it is quite nice to have a place in the official forums to discuss PR in english.

I cannot read German so I'm stuck with the chapters that were translated to either english or portuguese, that weren't that many, but, better that few that none at all.

I still have hopes that the portuguese or english edition will resume :D
Welcome to the forum! If you want to know more about the stories that haven't been translated yet, please check out this site: www.perryrhodan.us/php/allCycles.php. It contains English summaries of almost 1,800 booklets of the series...
Ich bin Redakteur der brasilianische PERRY RHODAN Ausgabe. I can read German, but sometimes I write in English because it's faster...
http://www.cesarmaciel.wordpress.com / http://www.perry-rhodan.com.br
Ben Golling
Siganese

Beitrag von Ben Golling »

César Maciel hat geschrieben:Ralf, why don't you create a thread only for Portuguese-speaking
Please forget my idea above, because now I realize that threads can't have moderators, only subforums... Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hey. True, but certainly no need to excuse. As neither me nor Cäsar speak Portuguese and as you're the thread opener it would be very kind of you to coordinate the thread a bit.
Ralf Koenig
Plophoser

César Maciel hat geschrieben:Ralf, if you search for "SAP MM" at http://www.catho.com.br, you'll find out that 31 Brazilian companies are looking for someone with your background right now! A friend of mine found a new job just a few days after uploading his CV to the Catho site, and why don't you give it a try? I wish you luck in your quest!

I'll create a Portuguese language thread in a few minutes, and please feel free to join the discussions whenever you can. Um abraço do Brasil!
Thanks, I will take a look into the page. Quem sabe que vai acontecer :D

Quite interesting to see this forum getting international ... :D
Ralf
Ralf Koenig
Plophoser

Ben Golling hat geschrieben:
César Maciel hat geschrieben:Ralf, why don't you create a thread only for Portuguese-speaking
Please forget my idea above, because now I realize that threads can't have moderators, only subforums... Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hey. True, but certainly no need to excuse. As neither me nor Cäsar speak Portuguese and as you're the thread opener it would be very kind of you to coordinate the thread a bit.
I have already offered my help as well. Any kind of help needed, just ask. Could be that I need sometimes a little bit of time to get back online, but it helps to send an Email. Normally I can react on this pretty quickly.
Ralf
Ben Golling
Siganese

Beitrag von Ben Golling »

Ralf Koenig hat geschrieben:
Ben Golling hat geschrieben:
I have already offered my help as well. Any kind of help needed, just ask. Could be that I need sometimes a little bit of time to get back online, but it helps to send an Email. Normally I can react on this pretty quickly.
Sounds great! :)
Antworten

Zurück zu „International“