The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Antworten

Do you want to see an own subforum for english-language discussions about Perry Rhodan?

Yes, that would allow for more discussions.
69%
No, I think one (this) thread will also do it
21%
No opinion
10%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 68

Martakus
Marsianer

Re: The International Thread (Discuss PR in English)

Beitrag von Martakus »

and they´re going to do it again in 23 years! Don´t forget that B-)
Aktueller Stand:
Neo 1 - 100; 150-180 --- EA: 200-235; 2700 - 2801 [beide abgebrochen, wahrscheinlich Wiedereinstieg bei 3000.]

Die Klugheit liegt am Boden
Die Vernunft wird noch verrückt
Die niedrigsten Instinkte schlagen zu, wohin man blickt.
Das alles scheint weit weg, doch es beginnt vor deiner Tür,
Der nächste, der die Kälte spürt, kann meistens nichts dafür.
- PUR, "Neue Brücken"
Alexandra
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von Alexandra »

Martakus hat geschrieben:and they´re going to do it again in 23 years! Don´t forget that B-)
Better forget it in order to keep surprised.
titano
Siganese

Beitrag von titano »

paar mehr Sprachen besser :st: :st:
Kazzenkatt
Ertruser

Beitrag von Kazzenkatt »

On the 40th Anniversary of the Perry Rhodan series was released in the series SpaceNight, a program with the best Art Works of the legendary Johnny Bruck. The Art Works, all come from the Perry Rhodan series.

Space Night is a mix of electronic music and images from space or, as here, the Art Works by Jonny Bruck.

Have fun dreaming. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwtukg2oq0
alemaopazeamor
Siganese

Beitrag von alemaopazeamor »

A good, albeit outdated, article on the history of Perry Rhodan in English

http://perryrhodanreadingproject.blogsp ... le-on.html
Larsaf
Siganese

Beitrag von Larsaf »

I just wanted to point out that according to an announcement made on April 30, 2014, among upcoming e-book projects that VPM is currently working on is to start publishing the "Lemuria" miniseries in English in the summer of 2014; source: http://www.perry-rhodan.net/newsreader/ ... sorgt.html (in German). Stated there also is that it has been a "major goal" to publishing Perry Rhodan in English again.
jerrys109
Marsianer

Re: Lemuria

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

I wish that they would just publish the whole mini-series at once, akin to how Netflix is putting out a full season of their shows in one shot. That way we could avoid a rerun of the last attempt to publish Lemuria. We core readers still have our copies of Book One, so there is less reason to want to just get an electronic copy of it. If they put out the whole mini-series at once, at least we would know that we will have the whole story this time, if they do not continue English publishing after that.

Jerry
Larsaf
Siganese

Beitrag von Larsaf »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben:I wish that they would just publish the whole mini-series at once, akin to how Netflix is putting out a full season of their shows in one shot. That way we could avoid a rerun of the last attempt to publish Lemuria. We core readers still have our copies of Book One, so there is less reason to want to just get an electronic copy of it. If they put out the whole mini-series at once, at least we would know that we will have the whole story this time, if they do not continue English publishing after that.

Jerry
I like your idea of publishing the whole "Lemuria" series at once. After all, it has also already been republished as a single e-book in German (http://www.perry-rhodan.net/ebooks-lemuria.html). I myself also binged-watched both the first and the second season of "House of Cards" on Netflix, which I do think works better than watching a series like that over a longer period of time (and forgetting what happened in earlier episodes by the time you get to later ones).

At the same time, publishing the English "Lemuria" in multiple volumes might also provide VPM with multiple opportunities for garnering publicity. After all, hopefully "Lemuria" will become enough of a success that it would convince VPM to continue down the path of producing and publishing other content in English themselves. However, that also requires making it worthwhile for VPM.

Thus, perhaps they'll first publish it as a series (but without too much of a gap between volumes) and then republish it again later on a single volume, just like they've already been doing with the German originals of this and other Perry Rhodan mini-series.
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

I'm just worried that since the core fans already have the first part in paperback, they'll decide to skip the first e-book. Then we'll have to worry about the numbers being too low.

Another question is getting the word out. I don't know what kind of advertising VPM intends to do on Lemuria, as there is already so little possibility for book advertising as it is. Plus, they need to go international with the advertising. That means a budget. :>

Oh well, I guess we'll find out in a couple of months.

Jerry
dgmckenzie
Siganese

Beitrag von dgmckenzie »

Well number five (#5) was released today.

The final (#6) will be released next month.

Are there any plans to continue with Translated stories ?
Rainer Nagel
Zellaktivatorträger

Beitrag von Rainer Nagel »

I guess it depends on how well these six sell. I don't have any numbers, though.
Aktueller Chronist der PERRY RHODAN-Serie
alemaopazeamor
Siganese

David M Barnett - Twitter:@davidmbarnett
- I wrote about the astonishing longevity of the Perry Rhodan series for @SFXmagazine
https://twitter.com/davidmbarnett/statu ... 3012060160
Alexandra
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von Alexandra »

Thank you so much for sharing it.
Cäsar
Terraner

Beitrag von Cäsar »

alemaopazeamor hat geschrieben:David M Barnett - Twitter:@davidmbarnett
- I wrote about the astonishing longevity of the Perry Rhodan series for @SFXmagazine
https://twitter.com/davidmbarnett/statu ... 3012060160
I read the article the day before yesterday. It's been nicely written, and perhaps some new readers might find some interest for PR :) At last the Lemuria books are mentioned (as is PR-Neo).
:aa:, Cäsar

Der zusammengefasste Fanroman des NGF

Mehr Weltraumhühner!
pulprack
Siganese

Beitrag von pulprack »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben: 2. Mai 2014, 15:36 I wish that they would just publish the whole mini-series at once, akin to how Netflix is putting out a full season of their shows in one shot. That way we could avoid a rerun of the last attempt to publish Lemuria. We core readers still have our copies of Book One, so there is less reason to want to just get an electronic copy of it. If they put out the whole mini-series at once, at least we would know that we will have the whole story this time, if they do not continue English publishing after that.

Jerry
I ended up buying all the LEMURIA ebooks, even though I had the printed edition of the first book in the miniseries. But the gap in time between the first book's printed publication and the appearance of its ebook version meant I needed to read it again and renew my memory.

Honestly, because my knowledge of the PR universe ended with the close of the English translation publications in the 1970s, I was a bit lost while reading LEMURIA. The Ace Books (and later, the Master editions) series didn't make it to the Masters of the Island cycle, so all that deep history that is so significant to the LEMURIA books wasn't in my head.

However, I eventually translated and read the MdI cycle through the Silver volumes. Wow! Then I reread the LEMURIA books, and it all made much more sense and was much more enjoyable.

Duane
Richard
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Richard »

Hi Duane!
My translation page of choice is https://deepl.com . I'm only using to translate some pages from time to time so I'm able to use the free version of it. I'm not sure if translating a whole books is available for the free version - but you could try it.

One of my coworkers who is a nativ English speaker (from Sheffield, England) confirmed that deepl.com is more accurate when it comes up to german - english translations (in both directions).
pulprack
Siganese

Beitrag von pulprack »

Thanks!

I've been using Google Translate. . . it's not perfect but it works well enough for my purpose.

Best,
Duane
pulprack
Siganese

Beitrag von pulprack »

Richard hat geschrieben: 5. Dezember 2020, 22:15 Hi Duane!
My translation page of choice is https://deepl.com . I'm only using to translate some pages from time to time so I'm able to use the free version of it. I'm not sure if translating a whole books is available for the free version - but you could try it.

One of my coworkers who is a nativ English speaker (from Sheffield, England) confirmed that deepl.com is more accurate when it comes up to german - english translations (in both directions).
I hosted a Zoom meeting tonight for English-speaking fans as a virtual PR CONversation. I didn't know what to expect, but it turned out great!

Only 10 participants called in, but it was an international meeting . . . a World CON as one called it. We had callers from Australia, Brazil, Germany, Scotland, and the United States. I had a great time.

Best,
Duane
alemaopazeamor
Siganese

And other "Perry Rhodan CONversation" will come in the coming months...
dgmckenzie
Siganese

Beitrag von dgmckenzie »

Hi

I use QTranslate which allows multiple engines to be used e.g. Google & DeepL.

Douglas
exedore
Siganese

Beitrag von exedore »

Just a quick update: preorders are now live for Perry Rhodan NEO Volume 1 in English at most (all?) major ebook outlets. The volume contains the first two episodes, and will street on 8 June for US$6.99. There's no geoblocking, so non-US/UK readers can pick it up as well.
pulprack
Siganese

Beitrag von pulprack »

Great news for English- reading fans!
Larsaf
Siganese

Beitrag von Larsaf »

exedore hat geschrieben: 26. April 2021, 13:29 Just a quick update: preorders are now live for Perry Rhodan NEO Volume 1 in English at most (all?) major ebook outlets. The volume contains the first two episodes, and will street on 8 June for US$6.99. There's no geoblocking, so non-US/UK readers can pick it up as well.
Exedore, in case you don't already know, there's an English-language Perry Rhodan group at https://groups.google.com/g/perryrhodan2/about, where you may want to mention this great news as well.
exedore
Siganese

Beitrag von exedore »

Volume 2 (aka Episodes 3-4) has now begun its stream at J-Novel Club. A free preview is available, no membership required.

Thanks for reading!
exedore
Siganese

Beitrag von exedore »

NEO's second English volume is out this week in ebook, and volume three is now in streaming!

As a reminder: If you had issues with your Vol. 1 preorder on Amazon only delivering the preview, you must file a support ticket with Amazon/Kindle support as they will only push updated revisions or corrections at the customer's request. Your device/purchase will not automatically refresh with the final version. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Antworten

Zurück zu „International“