Lemuria series coming out as e-books

Antworten
jerrys109
Marsianer

Lemuria series coming out as e-books

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Hi everyone,
The Lemuria mini-series seems to finally be getting finished publishing in English! It had been aborted after one paperback a number of years ago. Now all six books are listed on Amazon.com as e-books that will be put out one book a month, beginning in October. It is interesting that it will only be offered as Kindle e-books. No paperback, no Apple e-book.

Can anyone on staff give us an overview of the English publishing situation? Is this only a test to see how it will turn out, or is this the start of a full publishing program?

Jerry
Larsaf
Siganese
Re: Lemuria series coming out as e-books

Beitrag von Larsaf »

Great news! Here's also the link that Dave Cheever provided on the English-language Perry Rhodan Yahoo! Group (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/perryrhodan2/info) to the list of the e-books at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=series_rw_d ... gital-text
Rainer Nagel
Zellaktivatorträger

Beitrag von Rainer Nagel »

We're going to do the six Lemuria books and then see what might happen.

They will be available on quite a lot of platforms. In addition to Amazon und Apple, Barnes & Noble as well as Kobo deserve special mention. Specifically British shops are WHSmith, Hive, and Ebooks.com; for Australia, add Angus & Robertson. No print version, though. (Amazon, of course, will only offer you the Kindle version.)

There's going to be a German announcement on the PERRY RHODAN webpage tomorrow. I translated the English version of that earlier today, but have no idea when it will go online.
Aktueller Chronist der PERRY RHODAN-Serie
Klaus N. Frick
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Klaus N. Frick »

Rainer Nagel hat geschrieben:We're going to do the six Lemuria books and then see what might happen.

They will be available on quite a lot of platforms. In addition to Amazon und Apple, Barnes & Noble as well as Kobo deserve special mention. Specifically British shops are WHSmith, Hive, and Ebooks.com; for Australia, add Angus & Robertson. No print version, though. (Amazon, of course, will only offer you the Kindle version.)

There's going to be a German announcement on the PERRY RHODAN webpage tomorrow. I translated the English version of that earlier today, but have no idea when it will go online.
I also would say thank you to Rainer who helped us a lot ...

And I don't wanna talk too much ... there will come an official information. But ..

http://www.amazon.de/Perry-Rhodan-Lemur ... B015D6J0O2
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Hi Klaus,
I'm very glad to hear this news and it's good to know it will be on other platforms also. I can't wait to see more information. Will the English version of the website also be updated? :>

Jerry
Larsaf
Siganese

Beitrag von Larsaf »

Rainer Nagel hat geschrieben: (...)
Hello Rainer,

In that case, I would encourage you or someone else from the Redaktion to join the English-language PERRY RHODAN Yahoo! Group (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/perryrhodan2/info) and share any such information there as well. After all, that group currently (already) has 450 members!
Larsaf
Siganese

Beitrag von Larsaf »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben: ... Will the English version of the website also be updated?
Hi Jerry:

Are you referring to this website: http://www.perry-rhodan.us ? I remember it well, having done much of the translation for it :D .

--Arnold
Rainer Nagel
Zellaktivatorträger

Beitrag von Rainer Nagel »

I shall take a look at the English-language Yahoo group tomorrow - now I will have to go to sleep.

Klaus mentioned something about the English-language website, where the text I translated earlier today is going to be published. I believe what he means is this: http://www.perry-rhodan.us/. The "Newsletters" there are a bit out of date, though ...
Aktueller Chronist der PERRY RHODAN-Serie
jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

HI Arnold,
Yes, that was the site I was referring to. And it seems they do remember it. :lol:

Jerry
alemaopazeamor
Siganese

Beitrag von alemaopazeamor »

I apologize if the information divulged in advance.

I am Brazilian fan who research and disclose everything about the series; in any language to appear something ...

Regards,

DIOberto (perryrhodan.souza@gmail.com / alemaopazeamor@ig.com.br)
Larsaf
Siganese

Beitrag von Larsaf »

FYI, a few hardcopies of the English translation of volume 1 of Lemuria, which was published in 2007 (!), are still available at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Rhodan-Lemu ... 1_4&sr=8-4

(if the link doesn’t work, search Amazon.com for “Perry Rhodan Lemuria”).

This might help bridge the time until the e-books are released. :)

In that regard, I hope that everyone who posted customer reviews on Amazon at the time are going to be aware that this is now coming out on e-book.

--Arnold
Katrin Weil
Siganese

Beitrag von Katrin Weil »

PERRY RHODAN enters the English-speaking world

From October 2015, the six »Lemuria« novels will be published as e-books

From fall 2004 to spring 2005, six PERRY RHODAN trade paperbacks were published, forming one complete mini-series. The »Lemuria cycle«, conceived by author Hubert Haensel, was very well received among readers. Even ten years later it is still considered one of the highlights of all the stories set in the world of PERRY RHODAN.

From October 2015 on, these six books will also be published in English – as e-books, translated from German by the American translator Dwight R. Decker. The first volume, published on 8 October, will be »Ark of the Stars« by Frank Borsch (German title: »Die Sternenarche«). We are going to publish the remaining five volumes on a monthly basis.

Each e-book is 5.99 euros. The »Lemuria« novels can be bought from all the standard portals, such as Amazon, Science-Fiction eBooks, and Readersplanet. They are also going to be available from the most important shops world-wide. In addition to Amazon und Apple, Barnes & Noble as well as Kobo deserve special mention. Specifically British shops are WHSmith, Hive, and Ebooks.com; for Australia, add Angus & Robertson.

Here is a first teaser text:
»After a tragic accident Perry Rhodan discovers a huge space ship, two miles long and traveling almost at the speed of light. The ship turns out to be an ark, carrying a population of humans who set out on their journey 55,000 years ago, from Earth – Lemurians, the legendary forefathers of mankind.
But Rhodan is not the only one to have noticed the ark. A ship of the Akons, Earth's arch enemies, has also set its sights on this galactic mystery ...«
alemaopazeamor
Siganese

Perry Rhodan - Lemuria

If you’ve never heard of Perry Rhodan, check him out on Wikipedia. In Germany, he’s like Star Trek and Star Wars all rolled up in one– hugely popular. Back in the 70s, there were English translations of the first hundred or so Perry Rhodan adventures (out of nearly 3,000), and I was really into them. I remember taking a cross-country trip with my family...

http://wesleyallison.com/2015/11/18/perry-rhodan/
Klaus N. Frick
Forums-KI

in der Serie »Der Redakteur erinnert sich« geht's ins Jahr 2004 und zum »Lemuria«-Zyklus; Besprechung in Karlsruhe.
http://www.perry-rhodan.net/newsreader- ... sruhe.html

(Okay, it's only written in German, but it's an article about the beginning of the LEMURIA-paperbacks.)
alemaopazeamor
Siganese

Hello Klaus Frick.
Unfortunately I only know the Portuguese language.
You made the disclosure of Lemuria release in English, (http://www.perry-rhodan.net/newsreader- ... world.html), however, there are no people spreading these postings in forums / communities / groups / social networks that exist (and there are thousands) in the English language around the world.
Would not it be important to partner with fans of the series Perry Rhodan, who master the English language, participating in these numerous social networks, carrying out dissemination / display of these releases in English?
Only the availability of the series itself available for sale, will not perform well in sales, if there is a number of actions in disclosures; for the share of science fiction readers.
I believe that apart from you to do an article in both English should have other channels (magazine articles, websites, videos, etc.) to publicize, and especially, seek the support of hundreds of existing fans of Perry Rhodan series in English...
Klaus N. Frick
Forums-KI

alemaopazeamor hat geschrieben:Hello Klaus Frick.
Unfortunately I only know the Portuguese language.
You made the disclosure of Lemuria release in English, (http://www.perry-rhodan.net/newsreader- ... world.html), however, there are no people spreading these postings in forums / communities / groups / social networks that exist (and there are thousands) in the English language around the world.
Would not it be important to partner with fans of the series Perry Rhodan, who master the English language, participating in these numerous social networks, carrying out dissemination / display of these releases in English?
Only the availability of the series itself available for sale, will not perform well in sales, if there is a number of actions in disclosures; for the share of science fiction readers.
I believe that apart from you to do an article in both English should have other channels (magazine articles, websites, videos, etc.) to publicize, and especially, seek the support of hundreds of existing fans of Perry Rhodan series in English...
You're completely right. One of my problems is – you can read it often ... – my bad English ... We have to translate more articles and short novels into other languages, and I hope this could be a project for 2016.

(Like always: It's a question of time.)
Antworten

Zurück zu „International“