Suspention alcoves and Star Trek Discovery

Technik, Galaxien, Welten, Völker, SIs und andere Wunder...
Antworten
Gerlof101
Siganese

Suspention alcoves and Star Trek Discovery

Beitrag von Gerlof101 »

Was just watching the last episode of Star Trek Discovery "Stormy Weather". In it, to survive and escape an hostile environment, almost all the crew was placed into the transporter buffers. Somehow this reminded me very much of the suspention alcoves on the Ras Tschubai. Now I'm left wondering if there has been any cross-influence :) .
Wherever you go ... there you are
Batman
Ertruser

Re: Suspention alcoves and Star Trek Discovery

Beitrag von Batman »

Like anybody in the US even knows Perry Rhodan. Also not only are the concepts radically different, but the pattern buffer considerably predates the Suspension alcove (goes all the way back to TOS).
Zuletzt geändert von Moonbiker am 27. Dezember 2021, 15:14, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Wort entfernt
'My hamster is getting antsy. If we be adventurers, let us adventure!'
'Ah, nighttime. Good for sneaking up on enemies.'
'Magic is impressive, but now Minsc shall lead. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!'
'Butt-kicking for goodness!'
'Evil around every corner, careful not to step in any.'
'Make way, evil! I am armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!'
'When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent!'
Marcel Feldmann
Plophoser

Beitrag von Marcel Feldmann »

I find cross-influence in that regard highly unlikely as well.

And like Mr. Wayne (:D) mentioned: The technological differences are severe - even though the usage is similar. Besides, there was also a TNG-episode were Scotty only survived the JENOLAN's crash-landing on a Dyson-sphere's outer surface for over 70 years by modifying the transporter buffers - to then be rescued by the ENTERPRISE-D and her crew.
Schwierige Lagen schärfen den Verstand, vorausgesetzt, der Verstand war vorhanden, ehe die Lage schwierig zu werden begann.
Gregor Paulmann
Plophoser

Beitrag von Gregor Paulmann »

Gerlof101 hat geschrieben: 26. Dezember 2021, 23:16 Was just watching the last episode of Star Trek Discovery "Stormy Weather". In it, to survive and escape an hostile environment, almost all the crew was placed into the transporter buffers. Somehow this reminded me very much of the suspention alcoves on the Ras Tschubai. Now I'm left wondering if there has been any cross-influence :) .
We will never know for sure.
As the current synopsis makers of Perry Rhodan are for sure aware about the contents of the ST movies and serials, it never can be ruled out that there might have been inspiration sparks catched in the past.
On the other side, we have to remember that the famous Borg cubes resemble alarmingly to the Posbi space ships which had occurred several decades before in Perry Rhodan...

The usage of the alcoves was terminated recently and is no longer required by some defined evolution of the RAS's hull material. In my personal opinion, this is an unfortunate development, because such things like the alcoves reminds us of exiting limits of technologies, risks and restrictions by mother nature...
"Ich wusste nicht, dass es unmöglich ist - also habe ich es einfach gemacht." [Jean Cocteau]

"You take care of your tools, your tools take care of you." [Amos Burton (Timothy), Tiamat's Wrath]

"Once people ceased to understand how the machines around them actually functioned, the world they inhabited began to dissolve into an incomprehensible dreamscape" [Greg Egan, "Distress"].

https://www.pinterest.de/Gregor_1970/my ... -drawings/
Richard
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Richard »

But for other space crafts using the Hypertrans-Progressor the alcoves will still be necessary. So the question would be: are there any other space crafts using the Hypertrans-Progressor in use?
Gregor Paulmann
Plophoser

Beitrag von Gregor Paulmann »

Richard hat geschrieben: 27. Dezember 2021, 17:04 But for other space crafts using the Hypertrans-Progressor the alcoves will still be necessary. So the question would be: are there any other space crafts using the Hypertrans-Progressor in use?
Currently not aware of any other vehicle... :rolleyes:
Seems to be a lighthouse-technology project.
"Ich wusste nicht, dass es unmöglich ist - also habe ich es einfach gemacht." [Jean Cocteau]

"You take care of your tools, your tools take care of you." [Amos Burton (Timothy), Tiamat's Wrath]

"Once people ceased to understand how the machines around them actually functioned, the world they inhabited began to dissolve into an incomprehensible dreamscape" [Greg Egan, "Distress"].

https://www.pinterest.de/Gregor_1970/my ... -drawings/
Arthur Dent
Zellaktivatorträger

Beitrag von Arthur Dent »

Gregor Paulmann hat geschrieben: 27. Dezember 2021, 18:04
Richard hat geschrieben: 27. Dezember 2021, 17:04 But for other space crafts using the Hypertrans-Progressor the alcoves will still be necessary. So the question would be: are there any other space crafts using the Hypertrans-Progressor in use?
STARDIVER (2700).
Batman
Ertruser

Beitrag von Batman »

Certainly shed have been retired by now? If she hadn't already been self-destructed long ago. That ship is a fatality and most definitely not in use anymore
Zuletzt geändert von Batman am 27. Dezember 2021, 20:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
'My hamster is getting antsy. If we be adventurers, let us adventure!'
'Ah, nighttime. Good for sneaking up on enemies.'
'Magic is impressive, but now Minsc shall lead. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!'
'Butt-kicking for goodness!'
'Evil around every corner, careful not to step in any.'
'Make way, evil! I am armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!'
'When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent!'
Richard
Forums-KI

Beitrag von Richard »

Arthur Dent hat geschrieben: 27. Dezember 2021, 20:06
Gregor Paulmann hat geschrieben: 27. Dezember 2021, 18:04
STARDIVER (2700).
The STARDIVER was the first space craft which had a Hypertrans Progressor. But it was destroyed on it's first mission.
Antworten

Zurück zu „PERRY RHODAN-Universum“