Klaus N. Frick English Interview

Antworten
exedore
Siganese

Klaus N. Frick English Interview

Beitrag von exedore »

Hi Everyone,

We did an interview recently with everyone's favourite editor-in-chief for the J-Novel Pulp newsletter and thought it'd be a waste not to share it here.

Feel free to check it out for some insights into NEO's origins - especially with the perspective of looking at it from a decade later.

Thanks for reading - more NEO is coming in English soon!
palmerwmd2
Marsianer

Re: Klaus N. Frick English Interview

Beitrag von palmerwmd2 »

Thanks! :)
Everyday, Men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?
palmerwmd2
Marsianer

Re: Klaus N. Frick English Interview

Beitrag von palmerwmd2 »

I enjoyed he interview.
KNF speaks good English and I appreciate the valuable insights he gave.

But,..you see this is the problem I predicted with PR Neo back then.
When KNF says the interview new Neo is a rewrite with todays "conventions", then this is exactly what some of us fear.

The reason, precisely why many people still have joy in the early Perry Rhodan is because it features clearer, better "old school" German language, less polluted by anglicisms and "modern Convention" (= leftist politcal correctness) and free of attempt at flaunting authors leanings :P

While I disclose I have not read many PR Neos, the 3 that I did read on an airplane crossing the Atlantic from Germany to the US (just to get my toes wet and see how it is and give it a chance)... those made the worst possible impression.
Leftist ideologically colored language in 2 out of 3,maybe trying to be "padagogisch wertvoll im Sinn der GEW"?

I know residents of the FRG are so suffused with this "Gedankengut", which is all pervasive there in Academia, TV and fiction they dont even notice it anymore.
But I do.

I admit it's been many years now (boy time flies,) but I have not tried PR Neo again ever since.
I still read the old PR at least a few "Hefte" every month though.

They are enjoyable and keep my German fluent.
I lost my French and Russian, by not keeping them up but with German I have this great media vehicle, Perry Rhodan, that makes it easy to keep the language.
Everyday, Men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?
Antworten

Zurück zu „International“