Synopsis by jerry

Antworten
Richard
Kosmokrat

Re: Synopsis by jerry

Beitrag von Richard »

"Beyond time lands" or "Lands beyond time" ?

jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Hi,
I'll be very pleased to be proven wrong and have lots of exciting adventures. :D
On the question of translating Jenzeitigen Lands, a German friend of mine who has read this and the next cycle suggested the Hereafter Lands as a good translation for this SF made up term, so I've been using that.

Jerry

jerrys109
Marsianer

2774 The Cosmoglobe

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

The Cosmoglobe
Der Kosmoglobus
By Hubert Haensel

The STAULCETT flies to the planet Shyor. Perry Rhodan and his companions are on board as stowaways. Icho Tolot and Avan Tacrol follow with the location-protected TONDAR GHI. The RAS TSCHUBAI approaches the Khochd system at some distance. Two Space Packs of Onryones promptly appear, but its just a coincidence - the Terran ship remains undetected. Meanwhile, Benner deals with the on-board systems of the Spochane ship and collects knowledge about the Cosmoglobes Knowledge of these is also gained by the RAS TSCHUBAI. The two Cosmoglobes, each measuring 1883 kilometers in diameter, are nothing less than miniature universes, comparable to the Chaotender ZENTAPHER. They have a non-zero Strangeness value, probably have a much larger interior and most likely also a completely different flow of time. Cosmoglobe I represents the connection to the Hereafter Lands and is adjusted by the innermost planet Penparzen. Only Atope ships can fly into it. Cosmoglobe II is used for »harvesting«. Spochane ships can also :>navigate inside this one. From its control world, the third planet Vangtermachd, the Atopic Portal is created, a three-kilometer ring of energy that enables passage.

When STAULCETT receives a harvesting order and prepares to cross the Atopic Portal, Rhodan seizes the opportunity. He refrains from immediately releasing the completely recovered Baucis Fender. Instead, he and Gucky disguise themselves as Onryones as soon as the Strangeness effects have subsided and participate in the "harvest" to gather more information. The STAULCETT goes alongside an ancient cylinder ship that moves through the mini-universe at half the speed of light. It is the HAND FULL OF LIGHT, a generation ship of the Ur-Larens, which presumably with several sister ships, broke away from the homeworld of Noular many millennia ago, was later kidnapped by the Atopes or their henchmen, moved to another time and finally brought inside the Cosmoglobe. HAND FULL OF LIGHT has been visited by »guests« like the STAULCETT for countless generations and receives fresh supplies and technical help from them. The Onryonian delegation, led by the ancient Hoonushur, also takes care of the Unfinished Ones. These Ur-Larens have mutated as a result of Strangeness and must be kept in survival tanks. The Onryones alleviate the pain of the Unfinished Ones using Glass Frost (Pucky steals a capsule telekinetically) and take them back to their ship with them. The Onryones refer to them by the term coming from their original discoverer Toycott Jajorric - they are Jaj.

The STAULCETT has thus fulfilled its mission and is leaving the Cosmoglobe. Bruce Cattai and Tacitus Drake have by now found Fender's prison. She is broken out and the detonation of a Spochane rescue capsule provides distraction. Rhodan and his companions are picked up by the TONDAR GHI and together with the Haluters get transmitted to the RAS TSCHUBAI, because the space jet of the LAURIN squadron is of course immediately attacked and destroyed. ANANSI analyzes the data collected and claims that the Ur-Larens were not kidnapped at the time, but been brought to safety before a danger emanating from the Milky Way. ANANSI does not want to reveal the nature of the connection between the Milky Way and Larhatoon yet…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a fun romp and we learned the origin of the Jaj, which I appreciated. I don't know that it moves us forward much, but it's something. I'm not too happy with Gucky yet. They need to build his self-confidence more and figure some innovative ways to use what psi-powers he's accumulated till now. Time will tell. :>

nanograinger
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von nanograinger »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben:
23. Mai 2020, 00:45
On the question of translating Jenzeitigen Lands, a German friend of mine who has read this and the next cycle suggested the Hereafter Lands as a good translation for this SF made up term, so I've been using that.

Jerry
Well, this is your show, you use what you want. But "Hereafter" is the "Jenseits" and has clear religious implications. I would not use it to avoid misunderstandings. Die "Jenzeitige Lande" are not the "Jenseits" of any religion that I know of. The entire topic of the Tribunal, the power behind it and the "Jenzeitige Lande" touch religious sentiment and it might be better not to confuse the creative invention of the authors with a term widely used in various religions.

Not that it matters, but I am also German and have read the cycles and lived in the US for over seven years, so I have some insight in this matters. If there would be an official translation of this novels in the US, no way would the publisher dare to use the term "Hereafter".

jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

So it has religious overtones? Interesting. Then maybe I will use Lands Beyond Time. I'll have to dig into my edit macro. Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.

Jerry

jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

City of the Keloskers
Stadt der Kelosker
Oliver Fröhlich

Velleshy Pattoshar receives a special gift. The Crystalline Judge "Inspired" her foster son Clocc Otym. However, the one brought to life behaves strangely. He behaves disrespectfully towards Pattoshar and Hoonushur, the commander of the Domain Watch, and his Emot remains a constant gray and expresses no feelings. However, he has good ideas for finding the unknowns who have entered the Shyoricc domain. Any unusual occurrences of any kind on Shyorare are reported at his suggestion and evaluated immediately. An apparently insignificant event puts Otym on the trail of the enemy: two Onryones have disturbed one of the Keloskers who live on Shyor in his n-dimensional calculations. Two Onryones? There are always teams of three to care for and deal with the Keloskers! Something is wrong here. Pattoshar and Otym immediately set off on the way to the scene with a Neypashi capture squad.
In fact, Perry Rhodan and Sichu Dorksteiger disguised as Onryones tried to contact the Kelosker to gather information about the Cosmoglobes. Gucky, Avan Tacrol, Icho Tolot and the survivors of the Venus Team (except Baucis Fender, who has to remain in "quarantine" for the time being) are back and keep in the background. The first Kelosker whom Rhodan and Dorksteiger encounter is not particularly communicative, but shows the supposed Onryones the way to Gholdorodyn, a Kelosker who is considered disabled because he cannot think in as many dimensions as his peers. The Kelosker believes that Gholdorodyn's way of thinking is the most understandable for the underprivileged humanoids...
Gholdorodyn lives with his foster father Eldhoverd, who takes a certain risk with it, because Gholdorodyn disturbs the great goal that all his fellows are working on. That is why the two Keloskers help the Galactics when they tell the truth about themselves. Eldhoverd is interested in the fact that Rhodan and Tolot once worked with the legendary Arithmetic Master Dobrak. The Galactics learn from them what is really going on there on Shyor. The Kelosk strive to unite into a new entity. They know very well that they will achieve this goal in the distant future, because the product of their efforts has traveled into the relative present and guides them: it is the Crystalline Judge.
The Onryones attack. The Haluters detain the Neypashi so that Gholdorodyn (whose technical knowledge is far superior to that of the Galactics despite his disability) can activate one of his small bits of handicrafts with which he spends his time. He calls the object "the crane ". It is a particularly powerful fictiv transmitter that he uses to get himself, Eldhoverd and his new friends to safety. However, the Haluters remain behind…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was an unexpected term. If the Crystalline Judge is actually the Keloskers from the future, then I guess time has already changed. Otherwise, it would have warned the Onryones about this issue's events. Especially since it seems like a piece of it seems to be acting through Clocc Otym. And if anyone Inspired now has a piece of it in them, does that mean Baucis Fender is now a plant? Time will tell. lol

nanograinger
Kosmokrat

Beitrag von nanograinger »

jerrys109 hat geschrieben:
26. Mai 2020, 02:26
Well, that was an unexpected term. If the Crystalline Judge is actually the Keloskers from the future, then I guess time has already changed. Otherwise, it would have warned the Onryones about this issue's events. ...
Not sure what you mean with "time has already changed". The statement that the Crystalline Judge is actually the Keloskers from the future means that the Atopes do indeed come from the relative future of the current time 1517 NGZ, but it does not mean that they know everything that happend and is going to happen.

Compare this with the time travels of the Terrans with the "Nullzeitdeformator" in the Cappins cycle (PR 400 ff.) The Galactics are now in the situation the Cappins were then, 200.000 years back: somebody from the future comes to them. But the Terrans of that time knew next to nothing about the 200.000 years between the endpoints of their time travel.

The Atopes know much more compared to the Terrans in their time travels, but they do not know everything. This is a common misconception.

ZEUT-42
Ertruser

Beitrag von ZEUT-42 »

The definition of time and the impact of time travel is changing from decade to decade within Perry Rhodan. There is the infamous "it happens because it happened" which was used to make time travel almost impossible - except that everyone had to ensure that time loops (where someone from the present had to go back in time to lay the foundations of the present) were working.

Originally, in the first 1000 issues of Perry Rhodan the future was wide open and the past was wide open as well and it could happen that time travel changed both the past and the present.In most cases, however, the impact on the present was minor. Then, starting at around issue 1500 and through to issue 2700 time was considered to be fixated, with the term "it happens because it happened" in the driving seat.

Starting with issue 2700, the series is going back to the original meaning of time and time travels. With time travels, you can now move back and forth, you can change something here and something there. Time travel is now a two-way-thing again and no longer one-way with loops. It is now possible to change the past again without directly affecting the present. There are also time singularities, where whole galaxies are frozen in time and do not change anymore (the galaxy Larhatoon in the far future) with the time going backwards under special circumstances (Saeqaer, the female Judge for Larhatoon was born and grown-up "backwards" in the time-frozen galaxy). The authors did not explain, how that works, they just reported it (issue 2784/2785). The authors introduced the concept of "auto-causality" in the following cycle (around issue 2830) to make all that possible but did not explain the term, which resulted in some confusion. "Auto-causality" is some kind of self-causality (which allows a lot).

jerrys109
Marsianer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Oh boy. I can see now why someone I know finally decided to drop the series, after reading it since childhood. When they stop trying to figure out a reason for what they are doing, the story just becomes outright fantasy, I guess I'll have to see how I feel about when I reach that point in the story.

Thanks for the information,
Jerry

jerrys109
Marsianer

2776 Interference Factor Gholdorodyn

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Interference Factor Gholdorodyn
Störfaktor Gholdorodyn
By Uwe Anton

Conveniently, Gholdorodyn's crane is a fictiv transmitter that also transports itself. This way Perry Rhodan and his companions stay mobile. After the "disabled" Kelosker demonstrated another extraordinary talent (he can appease predatory felines by singing), plans are made. Pucky telepathically searches for Icho Tolot and Avan Tacrol , which is harder for him than before because he finds the Haluters’ planning brain’s concepts to be excruciatingly precise. In addition, the Ghespaurem is said to be in the city of Ghavdbe must be infiltrated, a kind of university for Keloskers, in which these beings train for their actual work - and which consists in controlling the Cosmoglobes and the Repulsor Wall of the Shyoricc domain. In addition, the Keloskers in the Ghespaurem are preparing to sublimate their minds into the machine and thus become the Crystalline Judge.

Hoonushur and Velleshy Pattoshar worry about the reborn Clocc Otym. The Onryone is no longer himself, which is particularly evident in the absolute ruthlessness with which he persecutes the strangers. Two Tolocestes speak up and advise the Domain Watch to kill Gholdorodyn. The Tolocestes noticed the use of the crane. As long as the "disabled" Kelosker more or less followed his house arrest, they could ignore him. But now he has become a disruptive factor that needs to be eliminated. Onryonic search groups swarm out. Rhodan's group comes dangerously close to one, but the patrol is mauled by big felines incited by Gholdorodyn to attack.

Pucky tracks down the Haluters, and they meet in Ghavd. Avan Tacrol is disguised as a Kelosker and goes with Gholdorodyn to the Ghespaurem, Benner is carried in a backpack. In the Ghespaurem, even the Haluter has difficulty in processing all the n-dimensional impressions that storm in on him. The Swoon penetrates the databases and learns that Cosmoglobe I serves as a portal to the Synchrony (a kind of "second time") and enables the journey to the Lands Beyond Time. Shortly afterwards, the Onryones attack because Benner’s data theft has not gone unnoticed. Clocc Otym, however, is too reckless, so the Galactics escape once again - thanks to the crane. However, Clocc Otym does not give up and sends the Space Father VOOTHOY into action. Loitmahd takes part in the hunt.

In the meantime, the Galactics have notified the RAS TSCHUBAI to come. Since the crane has a limited range, the ship must approach the planet Shyor so Rhodan’s group can reach it by Fictiv transmitter. It will take some time, and it is Avan Tacrol's job to hold off the Domain Watch in the person of Loitmahd long enough - the Spochane burns for a duel with a particularly strong opponent. When Avan threatens to be defeated, Icho Tolot intervenes. The escape succeeds. Gholdorodyn is ready to work with the Galactics, and especially with Sichu Dorksteiger. He thinks she is very smart for a track thinker. Eldhoverd still has to think about whether he wants to stay with the Galactics or crawl back to the Domain Guard.

In order to disguise their true intentions, the Galactics, following an idea from Bostich, sacrifice several dinghies in a diversionary attack on a central component of the systems that maintain the Repulsor Wall. Clocc Otym and Hoonushur are deceived and consider the RAS TSCHUBAI destroyed, but Velleshy Pattoshar smells the trick. However, she keeps her suspicions to herself, because she is now finally convinced that her foster son is no longer alive and that another being has taken his place. She no longer trusts the Crystalline Judge.

Perry Rhodan and Farye Sepheroa enjoy the peace and quiet in the Ogygia habitat of the RAS TSCHUBAI. Icho Tolot joins them. He is worried about Halut. He thinks he feels that his people's home world is in danger.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, plenty of fun to be had in this issue. When we return to Perry, it seems Velleshy may become a reluctant ally. That would be fun. Unfortunately, there was also a fair amount of technobabble to annoy me here.

I see that the next three hefte deal with Bully. We'll see what happens.

jerrys109
Marsianer

2777 Escape from All Places

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Escape From All Places
Flucht aus Allerorten
By Michael Marcus Thurner

Quick Silver leads Reginald Bull and Toio Zindher through the Breviatur from Sigolat World to the City of All Places. Khuferchosdd is happy to get rid of the unwanted guests. The Terran and Tefroder are not welcome in Pha Gashapar, and their SERUNs are almost completely paralyzed by the city's Intotronics so that they cannot spy on secrets. Quick Silver's reputation as an artifact collector has suffered a lot lately. They are all supposed to be questioned by Protocol Defense. So it is important to move on quickly. Bull doesn't want to stay in the city for long anyway, because he has to get to the artificial world Wanderer, the seat of the superintelligence ES, as soon as possible to contact Atlan. Quick Silver uses his capabilities to deceive the PD and save time.

The trio can now move more or less freely. They pay a visit to an old acquaintance of Quick Silver’s named Stapax-Neutau - a parasite that is stuck in the dying body of the host he has wholly taken over - which leads them to a certain Corna Miche. The egg-shaped female is apparently particularly interested in the family life of the Cosmocrats, because when Bull tells her about Taurec's son Monos, she gives him the information needed for the onward journey to Wanderer: they have to go to the Breviatur of the planet Tann in Andro-Gamma and travel on from there. Though time is short, Bull agrees to Quick Silver’s request to check the White Room. Scientists at Pha Gashapar are currently investigating this without any results. When Bull approaches the White Room, it promptly reacts to the reprogrammed cell activator. A kind of defense mechanism is activated and negatively affects the entire environment (including some valuable artifacts collected by Quick Silver). Bull and his companions flee, but agents of the PD are on their heels.

Upon arriving on Tann, Bull has found that the descendants of the LFT ambassadors there have been using their technological superiority for some time to incite the natives (the Laameres - Tefroder descendants) against each other so that they do not develop further and enrich themselves from it. Since Tann has been completely isolated from the League since the hyperimpedance shock, the Terrans were able to control things there at will. Bull is not up to the task of simply traveling on without cleaning up this condition. Ambassador Keylor Aloshad doesn't like that. He wants to have the newcomers eliminated, but is deposed by his secretary Gaizka Arribachea who hopes to cooperate with Bull with immunity from prosecution. That way Bull can clean up the matter. Bull's pursuers penetrate to Tann through the Breviatur. Arribachea gives his guests credentials to trade for passage on a commercial spaceship of the Apukamuy that has just landed on Tann. A spy probe left behind ensures that Arribachea does not just line his own pockets, just like his predecessor, once Bull has left…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this was a rousing start to the next trilogy of issues. It was nice to see that Bull's modified cell activator actually has pulls some consequences with it. It will be interesting to see what happens when he finally comes face-to-face with ES and ES realizes Bull's activator is now Chaotically aligned. And the sexual tension between Bull and Toio is growing. Will he fall to her wiles and he be able to turn her to the LFT side? Time shall tell. :>

jerrys109
Marsianer

The Way to Wanderer

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

The Way to Wanderer
Der Weg nach Wanderer
By Micheal Marcus Thurner

Quick Silver negotiates conditions for a passage to Wanderer with Omwayd, the not particularly friendly commander of the Apukamuy trading ship RYTRALL. Time is of the essence, as a hunter of the Defensive Protocol of the City of All Places called Toidha Zyonaro and his squad from the Yothoy people have already crossed the Tanns Breviatur. Reginald Bull and Toio Zindher realize too late that they have been ripped off. As a reward for the search for the artificial world of the superintelligence ES, Quicksilver has sold the Tefroder to the Apukamuy. Several hundred Laameres have already been taken on board as slaves. Bull can't do anything about all of this for now and has to reluctantly submit.

After a two-week journey, the RYTRALL reached Wanderer on March 25, 1517 NGE. Bull and Zindher can't wait to leave the completely dirty and chaotic Apukamuy ship behind. Quick Silver explains that the negotiated price will not be paid. A bomb that he placed in a feces pit, in which Omwayd's females continuously produce offspring, acts as a way to apply pressure. The Apukamuy would also settle for a cell activator, while Quick Silver is interested in the physiotron. But there is another problem. Homunk, who greets the newcomers in a friendly - but visibly confused - manner and comes on board, refuses Bull entrance because of the "reversed" cell activator. The chip must be removed and left on the RYTRALL. As colllateral, Bull and his companions take Omwayd's rebellious son Ossoyr with them.

While Homunk leads his guests through the strangely changing landscapes of Wanderer and the recently rampantly growing machine town of Ambur-Karbush, the Yothoys also arrive at Wanderer. They use a powerful biomechanical computer which is called a " BRAIN" that is housed in what they call a mini-Kog. Toidha Zyonaro squeezes everything worth knowing out of Omwayd and prepares to land on Wanderer. There Bull and his companions have since learned that ES is still suffering from the TALIN split-off and is unable to act. Homunk is temporarily blind due to the confusion of the superintelligence. It will take a long time for the mental wounds to heal. Atlan is indispensable for this reason. The Arkonide is sticking to the subklusiven regions under the surface. Bull and his companions are the first people to enter this area. Their guide is Suzan Betty Rhodan, who had become part of ES and has now become physical again for now. However, Perry Rhodan's first daughter doesn't seem to be quite herself.

Then the Yothoys attack. BRAIN - in truth the consciousness content in a space sphere that comes from the possession of a Chaotarch - wants to destroy Wanderer and therefore even opposes Toidha Zyonaro. Since ES cannot intervene, it is up to Bull and his companions to repel the attack.

Homunk informs Atlan of Bull's arrival. The Arkonide should explain to the Terran what dilemma awaits him. Atlan should tell Bull that he has to kill Suzan Betty Rhodan...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the reappearance of Atlan. This should be fun. Why would one particular piece of ES need killing? What could that accomplish? THehunt for Bull and Quicksilver is plenty of fun and it's good the Yothoys didn't seem to get hold of Bull's activator chip. I can't wait to see what happens next.

jerrys109
Marsianer

2779 Shadow Play of Eternity

Beitrag von jerrys109 »

Shadow play of eternity
Schattenspiel der Ewigkeit
By Michael Marcus Thurner

Quick Silver grabs Ossoyr and enters the Yothoy ship by pretending to deliver the Apukamuy hostage. BRAIN considers itself invincible but is actually weak and cannot defend itself when Quick Silver starts its decay from within. Toidha Zyonaro and his hunting party aims at Wanderer on destruction but is distracted and led astray by ES consciousness splinters.

Meanwhile, Reginald Bull and his companions are led to Atlan. The Arkonide "heals" damaged parts of superintelligence that have virtually lost themselves by transferring memories fed into him by ES into his photographic memory. He has been doing this for decades, and it may take centuries for this task to be completed. Also Suzan Betty Rhodan is one of the awareness splinters fallen into danger. Bull faces a dilemma. If he succeeds in convincing Atlan to leave the disk world, it is tantamount to Suzan's final ending. Atlan's dedication to his task begins to falter when he realizes that Homunk has kept him ignorant all these years. The Arkonide had no idea of the difficulties the Milky Way had been in for years.

Atlan, Bull and Toio Zindher learned that Ernst Ellert once traveled as an emissary of ES to the bailiffs of the Lands of Thez - as did many other emissaries of positive and negative superintelligences. The bailiffs, the rulers of the lands, intended to find the legendary First Super Intelligence and wanted to create a timeless place for this purpose: an Atopy. Ellert had declined participation by ES in this project. Perhaps that was when the Atopic Tribunal was created. However, the truthfulness of this information is uncertain, because Ellert's memories of the conversation were largely erased when he left the Thez Lands.

Bull also lost too much time in reliving this event. The 62 hour period is almost over. Only a cell shower can save him, but the Yothoys now besiege the Physiotron. Now finally ES is fighting back. Confused consciousness fragments attack Toidha Zyonaro, who then turns against his own people and eventually is dissolved into nothing by the fragments. The other hunters surrender. Homunk does not particularly care, but Atlan demands that Bull and Ossoyr (who was badly injured in the fighting) be allowed to use the physiotron. ES in turn insists that Toio Zindher also receives a cell shower. As it turns out, ES itself wants Atlan to go with Bull. Suzan doesn't mind either. Before she passes away, she informs Toio that Mory Rhodan-Abro, Perry Rhodan's second wife, died for good during the ES/TALIN division process. Bull later decides not to tell Rhodan about this. Suzan also says that the SOL mission has failed and that Michael Rhodan needs his father's help.

They return to the RYTRALL. Ossoyr, who has learned a lot from Wanderer, impresses his father so much that Omwayd doesn't bother Bull anymore. Atlan reinserts the cell activator for his friend. With Tann as a stopover, the journey continues to Pha Gashapar, where Atlan is greeted with exuberant enthusiasm due to his Knight's aura. Atlan uses his authority as Knight of the Deep to achieve Quick Silver's rehabilitation. Toio Zindher asks for asylum in the City of All Places. This will only be considered if she first cooperates with Quick Silver (who will soon receive new orders) for a while and if he then votes for her. For now Toio returns with Bull and Atlan to Sigolat. The EDMOND PONTONAC is waiting for them in orbit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Now, that is what I call a climax! Bravo to Michael Marcus Thurner for turning in a great trilogy. Atlan finally returns to the stage, Perry loses another child (and isn't around for it) and ES is deep trouble. This was the best section in the cycle so far. And now I can't wait to see what happens next between Bull and Toio. Unfortunately that will have to wait for a while. Next stop Halut!

Antworten

Zurück zu „International“